Process Instance doesn't show in the WorkList Item

• 15 October 2005
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2
I tried to access the WorkList item after creating a Process Instance and and Starting the process, but there are no WorkListItems.

I don't see any WorkList items in the K2 Workspace web site, did I do something wrong that it doesn't show the WorkList items?

5 replies

Badge +9
Hi,

Open K2.net Service Manager and use the Worklist to search for the item. If however you cannot locate it using Service Manager make sure that the Client Event is configured correctly in K2.net Studio.
Badge +2
What client event are you talking about?

I have define a filter in the Work space Website to include each single Activity name and it doesn't display any item.

I know for a fact that at least one of the process instances is still Active in one of the Activities, but I haven't had any luck seeing the item in the WorkList
Badge +6
Pedro,

Worklist items are assosiated with a user and can be something like an aspx page or InfoPath form the user has to complete.
Worklist items are assigned to users through the Destination Rule of the specific Activity.

If you do not have a client event assosiated with a specific Activitywhere you are configured to be the destination user (or that users manager in AD) then it is correct for you not to see anything.

Can you confirm that you have a client event in the Activity where you are the destination user? Upload a screenshot if necessary.
Badge +2
I appreciate your feedback, it was helpful.

I thought that once a process instance was completed for a particular activity, that the user assigned in the destination would see the WorkListItem in his WorkList.

But I happen not to have a Client Event, so I don't know what kind of code to create in the client event. Can you please provide a simple sample code?

Maybe that's why, the process instance doesn't show to be in the Activity. In fact, the workspace website shows that the process instance was already completed in that Activity.

Thanks.
Badge +2
I got it solved thanks to your information.

I just created the client event in the activity that I was checking worklist items for, and guess what? I could see the WorkList item

Thanks again