K2 Studio - actions/outcomes

Badge +2

Hello,

When I select a node in a built process, I do not see the "Actions" process activity. I do see the "Outcomes" process activity, but when I click it nothing happens (no errors, no action whatsoever).

I don't see either option in the general properties wizard.

Please see screenshot and advise how we can fix this?

10 replies

Badge +6

K2 Studio indicates in the status bar that K2 Service is not running. Have the K2 service running before starting to develop workflows. There seems to be bug in the top ribbon menu of K2 Studio. Please report it to your local K2 Support. The workaround would be to open the activity strip. You can make it visible by clicking on the arrow next to the activity name.

Badge +2

Hi Sujeeth

Thanks for your response.

So are you saying that Actions/Outcomes are dependent on K2 server running (a separate issue we're resolving)? Secondly, you mention extending the activity strip. Neither Actions nor Outcomes are visible in this strip. We will report it to our local support.

Thank you,

Soraya

Badge +6

Actions/Outcomes are NOT dependant on K2 server running status. It is best practise to have it running before starting to develop workflows or else you will not get the full functionality. You need to select 'Default Client Event' under "Event Wizards". I think you are looking at Default Activity under "Activity Wizards"

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I think you might have stumbled on to a bug here. Regarding the Outcome shortcut in the ribbon. I know you have a K2 Support ticket logged, but can you please log a separate ticket for this one as it is a bug. The outcome shortcut should not be visible on a activity and in return should be visible when on an event like a client event that has actions. Please let me know the ticket number.

On the connection to k2 Server issue, can you verify that K2 Studio has a valid connection string for the Workflow Server in die Object Browser?

Vernon

Badge +2

Sujeeth,

Thank you for the information. Since "Default Client Event" is also one of our issues (having asp.net forms created as we're not in a MOSS/Infopath enviro), I will review Actions/Outcomes once we've sorted the main issue :)

Thanks Vernon, I have logged a support ticket for the application bug.

I appreciate both of your help.

Thanks,

Soraya

Badge +2

Vernon, re: the connection string.

As discussed yesterday the connection string is pre-populated and tests "OK" in the Object Browser. Your thoughts?

- Soraya

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Ok, try the following, on Win 7 browse to c:programdatasourcecode. Find the EnvironmentLibrarySettings.config file back it up and delete the one in the sourcecode folder.

Now open K2 Studio. Click on the Object Browser, you should see Environment – Not Connected. Click the down-arrow next to it > Connect to Server. The string should be blank, click the ellipse and now setup the host server connection. Enable “Integrated Security” ensure the Host Name is correct and the port. Click ok. The environment categories should display now.

Check if the message at the bottom is gone now.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +2

Thanks Vernon - have tried this but the connection to the server is still not being established.

Your suggestions?

- Soraya

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I have got the feeling that it has to do with the Workflow Server connection string. In the object browser again try the following. Right click Workflow Servers > add new Field.  Add a new workflow server > item type must be Workflow Server and setup the connection string by using the ellipse button. Remember to use the correct port there. If you used the default ports this should be 5252 for the Workflow Server. Test the connection and set as default. Click OK.

Close K2 Studio and open again. You should have the new Workflow Server in the Object Browser now.

This sounds environment related for sure.

HTH

Vernon

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

We found that the reason for the connection to the K2Server not being established was that there was no default template specified in the K2EnvironmentSettings db table dbo._template, the default template here had a value of False in the IsDefault column. Changing this value to true resolved the issue.

Vernon