Question - Publish Form or Workflow without interfering with users

• 4 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hi. 

Quick question. I am still new to Nintex.

Is there a way to publish a form or work flow without interfering with the users. Currently if I need to make a change to the form or a workflow I have to request that they save their work and stop creating or editing a form. Initially when w made the purchase we thought that they user could continue to work and save, then after they create a record or edit a record it would just load a the newly edited form. 

My work flows are the same. 

Am I missing something or is it just not possible?

Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi:

I don't understand what you mean by "interfering with users".

Nintex have some governance features. You will find a lot of governance discussions and articles on the Community.

Your designers can modify forms or workflows and publishing them without effect on current forms/workflows.

For example current instances of workflows will always run with definitions on the moment for the instance creation, so a new version of your workflow will no affect current live instances.

Badge +4

Thank you. For what ever reason if i make a change to the form or to a workflow and the user is filling out a form it gives them an error stating they need to refresh since something changed. So for now if i need to make a change i ask everyone to save what they have and ask them to close the form until i save it. 

I was hoping we could modify the form with out  them getting an error.

Some of our forms have several fields. For the users to lose their work gets little a little frustrated.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

If you are changing the underlying list then you may cause your users errors.  Publishing  a workflow, as stated, will have no effect on currently running workflows.   Forms, however, will change to the newest instance as soon as they are published.

Thanks

Mike

Badge +4

In testing I needed to change a header(label).

After I publish it I get this error when I save.

Error

Sorry, something went wrong
An unexpected error has occurred.

Correlation ID: a2c7409e-ef0c-90d7-f07a-38ac9302624b

Date and Time: 1/15/2018 8:50:57 AM

I can repeat it. 
Is it required I turn on "Item version history" in form settings?
Thank you,
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

We have Nintex workflows with customized nintex task forms running in Production. Now we have a requirement to customize the nintex task form to add a button and its action defined in Javascript function. 

I tried this with a sample and noticed that when I modified the form and published, existing tasks forms didnt have this change while newly created task forms had the change . 

Is there a way in Nintex forms / WFs  where changes to the task form design can be seen in existing task forms as well ? 

Regards,

Vidya