Environment Library FieldPart Error

Badge +8

I have never seen this before but I am getting it in a brand new process I am writing.  Not sure what I have done to bring this on as I am not doing anything strange as far as I know.  The process is simple.

-------------

Error 4 Environment Library FieldPart used in a 'SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.K2Field' object cannot be found in your Environment Library. Re-run the wizard and assign new values where necessary. C:BBTK2BBT.K2.ExceptionHiringBBT.K2.Process.ExceptionHiiringExceptionHiring.kprx 1 1 BBT.K2.Process.ExceptionHiring

Error 6 Environment Library FieldPart used in a 'SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.K2Field' object cannot be found in your Environment Library. Re-run the wizard and assign new values where necessary. C:BBTK2BBT.K2.ExceptionHiringBBT.K2.Process.ExceptionHiiringExceptionHiring.kprx 1 1 BBT.K2.Process.ExceptionHiring

Error 8 Environment Library FieldPart used in a 'SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.K2Field' object cannot be found in your Environment Library. Re-run the wizard and assign new values where necessary. C:BBTK2BBT.K2.ExceptionHiringBBT.K2.Process.ExceptionHiiringExceptionHiring.kprx 1 1 BBT.K2.Process.ExceptionHiring

11 replies

Badge +8

Doh!

I hate when I do this.  I have stared at the problem for 20 min.  Then I write a post and then I fix the problem 1 minute later.

The deal was I had an environment variable set as a destination user (yes I know I should be using a Role).  I set a default value in the K2 workspace for the environment variable.  When the build ran, I would get the error.  Apparently the build is checking to see if the value from the environment variable was null or not.  The error gives me no information that it has to do with the destination user.

Solution - In studio all I had to do was refresh the K2 Object Browser (or close and re-open studio)...

Jason

Badge +4

Jason-

I appreciate this post. I had the same issue. I want to add my recommendation of this solution to this problem. You saved my a lot of headaches.

Mike Trouard

Badge

Hi,

I have the same message but the solution doesn't work, any ideas ?

Kadia

Badge +11
You sometimes see this if you built your process using an environment variable that was later renamed or deleted.
Badge
I'm not in this case, i've just added data fields
Badge +4

Do those fields have data. That was my problem when I migrate the workflow to a new environment. I did not populate the data and the environment library continued to fail.

Mike

Badge

Hi Mike,

The problem is solve, it was the configuration of the connection string that wasn't good.

Kadia

Badge +1

I also received an Environment Library FieldPart error.  My mistake was that I didn't add the "using System.Globalization;" to the start of a server event.  In the Main method of this server event I pasted code containing "CultureInfo.CurrentCulture" - I then compiled and got the above error.

Badge +4

Another possible cause for this is when on the object browser you specify the "production" environment when you are in development or viceversa. The errors are cause because the process is looking for the variables in the wrong environment. 

Badge

I have also noted this error.

My problem the 'Field Value' of the environment field was empty.

Badge +4

I get this strange error: "Environment Library FieldPart used in the 'ClientEvent' object with name 'PRB_FinalReview.aspx' cannot be found in your Environment Library. Re-run the wizard and assign new values where necessary."

The "Environment Field" seems to clear itself if 2 fields are next to each other. So as mine is a URL, I just hard-code a forward-slash between the two values {Value1}/{Value2}...if try to copy and paste the variables into a another event.

Weird.