Numeric value to words

Badge +16

I am working on an employment offer generation letter which takes the monetary value of salary (let's say £20000) and needs to print this in numbers and in words.  So for example, "your salary will be £20000 (twenty thousand pounds)".  Is there a function in workflow or forms that will do this for me?  I am using responsive forms designer so javascript solutions will not work for me. @emha have you ever done anything like this?

2 replies

Badge +5

This is a problem that has been solved many times, and in many ways, so I wouldnt try to reinvent the wheel, this site:

https://www.dataaccess.com/webservicesserver/numberconversion.wso?op=NumberToWords

has a webservice to perform the action that you need - if your servers are internet connected

btw - 20/25 years ago, I worked on a project that used their product, so they have been around for a while.

One thing you would need to consider is that US numbers generally drop the 'and' between hundreds/thousands and the remainder of the number - you will have to test and insert it to keep it 'proper' :smileytongue:

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@cassymfreeman, I've never had a need to implement anything like this in nintex world.

and, afaik, nintex doesn't provide anything like that.

but I know ORACLE database provides resp. can be tweaked to provide such a function.

if you have one reachable, with a SQL request control that should be pretty simple either in forms or workflow

367iFFADBD11E039F97E.jpg