Dynamically Adding Members to the Destination Queue

Badge +3

Hi

I have different destination queues for my workflow. I will know the destination user which is MOSS 2007 security group which i will know based on the data from the infopath form when submited initially. The need is How to add the users dynamically to a desitnation queue. The purpose for using queues is to create single activity instance. So that only one user should be able to open the form in edit mode.

any help will be appreciated

thanks

S.Saba

4 replies

Badge +9
Do your destination quest point to AD Groups, or are they merely lists of users?
Badge +3

Hi Bob

List of users are not in AD group but AD users grouped as MOSS 2007 groups.

regards

S.Saba

Badge +9

You may want to investigate the K2 Studio API (I believe it is K2Studio.dll).  You may be able to write an app/service that that retrieves the users from MOSS then modifies the DQ via the K2Studio API.  Assuming this can be done, I'm not sure how if this Dynamic Destination Queue will work with this approach.  I though DDQ only worked when the dest queues were based off of an AD Group.

Badge +3

Hi Bob

Thanks for your thoughts. I have tried using the API. But there is no way to add the users through code into particular DDQ. I hope i need to find a workaround for this.

regards

S.Saba