How to send external email using \send notification\" component"

• 9 October 2014
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi guys,

I have a nintex workflow (2013) to send e-mail to suppliers. The emails to users domain  it's ok, but the external emails is not comming.

I didn't receive any error mensage in the history of workflow or windows event viewer.

Any idea?

7 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

Have you looked at the email setup for your SharePoint farm / Exchange.  It might be that its setup not to email to external email addresses?

Let me know if it helped.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

In addition, you might want to check the spam folder on on the receiving client.   More than likely you have security in your network that is not allowing your emails to be sent out.  I would look into.the SMTP server settings.  Also, it could be security on the client that is blocking the emails as well, it really just depends so you'll have to run some tests to figure out what is blocking.

Badge +1

Hi Francois.

What kind of setup? Because the email clients (Outlook) I can send normally. Only by that Nintex is no such problem.

Thank you for your attention.

Badge +1

mmatsako,

What kind of setting in SMTP should be checked?

Thank you for your attention.

Badge +7

Hi Vinicius,

The problem is not your Outlook.  It is probably that your Exchange hasn't been setup to allow SharePoint emails to go externally.

I found this article on setting up Exchange to relay application servers' email.

Blogs - Exchange Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Hope this helps

Badge +1

Nintex Workflow in CA >> General Settings

You must setup SMTP authorization. Exchange Server don't allow you send emails to external users w/o registered mailbox account details

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi Evgenii Ishchenkov

I am using Nintex workflows for SharePoint 2013. I don't see the General Settings option in Ninitex Workflow in CA, SMTP authorization settings also not available. Could you share me the correct location for enabling these settings.

Nintex-ExternalEmailSettings.png

Thank you