Active Directory Service2 Service object and multiple domains

• 9 September 2010
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am having problems returning user details from multiple domains using the Active Directory Service2 Service object.

Our environment has two Active Directory Domains with a two-way trust. We are using K2 Blackpearl 4.5.

I have configured K2 via the Workspace Management Console (and changes to web.config) to use the second domain. I am able to search for users in the second domain for example in ‘Add role Item’.

I have created a Smart Object that uses the Active Directory Service2::AD User::GetUserDetails method and trying to use that method to return AD details for a user from either domain.

The problem is that I cannot return any user details from the second domain.

As a test I have used the GetUserDetails method to be returned in the body of an email, passing an account name from the second domain Domain2xyz. But the details are not returned and the Error message in the Error Log is ‘SmartObject is empty’.

I have also noticed that in the User Browser, Only the users from the first domain can be selected in the Users->K2 node.

Any advice on how to return User Details from multiple AD Domains would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 replies

Badge +6

Hi Matt,

You have to update the AD Service to use the second domain as well.

Check out this post for intructions:

http://www.k2underground.com/forums/p/12393/36286.aspx#36286

HTH

Badge +1

Excellent, that works fine. Thank you very much for the quick reply.

I'm new to K2 so it took me a while to find where to modify the service instance.

It is in Management Console-> SmartObjects-> Services-> AD Service2

From there I edited the instance and changed the values as suggested
LDAP -  LDAP://DC=domain,DC=com;LDAP://DC=domain2,DC=com
NETBIOS - DOMAIN;DOMAIN2

Thanks again.