delay in starting ipc process

Badge +2

Hello all
I noticed that i have a delay in starting ipc process (something like 4-5 minutes)
I am aware about "IPC Thread Interval" in my case is set to 60 seconds
What else can explain this delay? How to make it start as quickly as possible?

Thanks in advance

2 replies

Badge +10

5 minutes does seem too long.  

I would check a couple things.  

On the process being called by the IPC is there a process start rule configured (unlikely since it would require custom code but if you didn't create the process you never know).  The other is check in the view flow to see if the process is maybe starting but then being delayed at another activity through an activity start rule.

Does creating a separate test parent and child process see if the same delay starting it occurs.

Are you creating a lot of IPC calls all at once?   There is a thread setting but you may want to check with K2 support first http://help.k2.com/kb001446  

If so since you've already checked the IPC Thread Interval you may want to open a support ticket.

Badge +4

Hi,

Did you tried to restart K2 Server Services. Sometimes it creates an issue like delay start up. Try to set interval to 30 second and also make sure that you haven't add start rule time in the process itself or in the Activity from where you are calling IPC process.