Process stuck in running status

• 17 June 2010
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I couldn't get past the first page of forum posts to see if anyone had an answer to this. I am having an issue where a process gets stuck in "running" status. It is always at the same point in the workflow. As of yesterday it was working, today it is not.

The instance is not in error state, no errors logged on the K2 server, event viewer, etc.

I cannot use 'Go To Activity' to push it to any state after this step in the workflow.

6 replies

Badge +3

Hi, I once had this issue and it appeared that the activity destination type was set to group or role instead of user.
My advice is to check the destination type.

Badge +2

Thing is, nothing changed with the workflow and it was working yesterday. It actually gets all the way through the activity, it just doesn't move it to the next activity. This activity only updates one of the process instance datafields, and I can see that it is set correctly, it just never gets moved to the next activity in the workflow.

Badge +2

Single server. I have already run it in console mode and it doesn't tell me anything as to what it is doing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I think what _cyclops_ meant it check the last couple of lines in the K2 Console this should give an indication on what was processed last and that should give an idea where to start looking. What you can do is recreate the issue and post the latest HostServer log file or even only the last say 20 lines of it. You can also have a look at the viewflow to check exactly where the process instance is stopping, maybe a succeeding rule or something…

Vernon

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

If you restart the K2Service do the process go back to active status?

Badge +8

what is the product version you are using ?

I had the same issue and i reported it to K2, they issued a patch which fixes this issue.