401 Error after successfully submitting a form

• 29 April 2010
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have removed an old K2 Blackpoint installation and clean installed the new K2 BlackPoint 4.5 on a server. Being a clean install, I also deleted the databases of the old installation before reinstalling the new one.

The following are the details of the new installation:

Port 83 - K2 Run Time Services Web Site (created by the K2 installer)

Port 85 - SharePoint Integration Port

Port 65535 - my main intranet site

Upon successful installation, I created a sample Infopath approval workflow on Port 85 and tested it. It worked well.

Then, I tried republishing the old K2 workflow made from the previous version of K2 Studio. The scenario is that forms will be deployed at 65535. It was published successfully, but after submitting a form on a form library that is due for an approval, the workflow doesn't start. Originally from the old working K2 installation, the forms are published to port 65535 while the K2 Process Portal is at port 85. Also, there is a SmartObject  (Approvers list) on port 85. In  the old K2 installation, this works perfectly.

Then, I created a new sample InfoPath approval form and published it to port 65535. It was published but after submitting a form on a from library that is due for an approval, the workflow doesn't start.

Upon checking the Error Logs at the K2 Administration, there is a 401 Error.:

"The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."

The user account used is a service account and is a sharepoint administrator as well as a local admin.

Please help. I need to make this run again.

2 replies

Badge +5

I have an idea you might want to check out. We had a similiar problem after upgrading to 4.5.

Not quite sure, but after the installation of the upgrade, the applications that reside underneath the K2 web site are no longer set to use the App Pool credentials. The k2 site retained it's bindings to the correct application pool. At least in the case of IIS 7, we just had to set "useAppPoolCredentials" back to True for each of the applications running underneath the web site.

One other note, I would double check the SharePoint logs and see if it pinpoints the exact item that is causing the 401.

Not sure if this is related to yours, but thought I would throw it out there.

Badge +1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked everything and still no luck. When I create a new website and deployed the workflow in that new site, it works.

From what I see, it is a MOSS problem rather than a K2 problem, since workflow can be published to any port other than port 65535.

Maybe, there is a problem with that site.