A build and release engineer assembles pieces of software developed by others and compiles them to create the code that is integrated into a final product. Companies highly value this role because it enhances their quality management system by bringing an automated, consistent, and repeatable way to assemble and integrate software into a product.
#Software_configuration_management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. #SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines.
- Configuration status accounting - Recording and reporting all the necessary information on the status of the development process.
- Configuration auditing - Ensuring that configurations contain all their intended parts and are sound with respect to their specifying documents, including requirements, architectural specifications and user manuals.
- Build management - Managing the process and tools used for builds.
- Process management - Ensuring adherence to the organization's development process.
- Environment management - Managing the software and hardware that host the system.
- Teamwork - Facilitate team interactions related to the process.
- Defect tracking - Making sure every defect has traceability back to the source.
The course aims to provide in depth information to software engineers about operating systems, applications, tools which can equip them to make necessary changes in codes and software products. In depth discussions and methods on making system or code changes, implementations and test runs are included in the course as well.
Build and Release Engineer refers and releases duties in their organization. It is preferably used for developing and managing software applications within a team.
- Build phases as well as troubleshoot codes
- Learning about Automation of CI/CD
- Understand the important objects involved in Compilation, Assembly and Delivery
- Responsible for Build and Release Processes
- Packaging and delivery of products to QA