TOPICHow to check the overall condition of Timer Jobs.
- Verify that the user account that is performing this procedure is a member of the Farm Administrators group.
- On the Central Administration Home page, click Monitoring.
- On the Monitoring page, in the “Timer Jobs” section, click the “Check Job Status” link.
- Click “Job History” under the Timer links in the contextual menu.
- Select 2000 as the “Number of items to display”.
- To the right, select the “View” drop-down box selector to “Failed Jobs”.
The “Timer service failed to recycle” and “One or more servers is not responding” messages are indicators of potential performance issues.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONThe Check Job Status page can be used to assess how well timer jobs are executing. Refresh this page every 10 to 15 seconds over a period of several minutes, watching the Running section, and observe if the timer jobs are performing correctly (not hanging, stuck or taking a longer than expected to complete).