ISSUEWhen opening or running a Nintex Task Form, the following error might occur:
The form is referencing a field that does not exist. Please notify the form designer.
ERROR CODEThe form is referencing a field that does not exist. Please notify the form designer.
- Use Runtime Function "isNullOrEmpty" to check the value of "TaskOutcome". For instance: isNullOrEmpty(TaskOutcome).
- Make sure the "TaskOutcome" control has a default value If "isNullOrEmpty" does not apply.
- When the field "Default value source" in "Task Outcome" choice control setting has been set to "Specify default value", make sure that "Default value" is not blank/empty.
The end user can populate this with double quotes/speech marks and space i.e (" ")
This is based on the business requirement of not having any value set on the outcome.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONThere are more than one possibility as the root cause of the issue:
- This issue occurs because one of the Rules that is using 'Task Outcome' is empty or does not have the default value.
- This issue occurs because the Task Outcome control configuration of: 'Specify default value' > 'Default value' is set to blank / with no value.