ISSUEWhen a Nintex for Office 365 workflow configured with one of the Office 365 workflow actions runs, the workflow suspends with the error: 'The username is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the username specified' in the workflow history.
- Verify that the username and password within the Office 365 action is correct (eg. email@example.com vs. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Verify that the account being used does not have Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) enabled, as MFA is not currently supported by Nintex for Office 365
- Verify that the action works with an @domain.onmicrosoft.com account vs. an @domain.com account. Success with an @domain.onmicrosft.com account vs a domain account will indicate an issue with ADFS. The Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer can be used to investigate ADFS issues further.
Steps for testing with Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer: https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com
- Select Office 365 tab
- Under Office 365 General Tests select 'Office 365 Single Sign-On Test'
- Select 'Next'
- Fill in domain user credentials and the verification captcha
- Select 'Perform Test'
- Review results for ADFS errors