Updated: Thanks to Marian Hatala for suggesting the best solution.
In this scenario we have a Person or Group column that allows multiple selection which means users are able to insert more than one person in the column. The goal is to capture the Display Name of the people on the list. In order to achieve this goal follow the steps below:
- Create the Person or Group column. In this example I created People List column as detailed below. Make sure to set Allow multiple selection to Yes.
- Create a Nintex workflow.
- Create a workflow variable and set the type to Single line of text. In this example I created var_Display_Names.
- Add Set Variable workflow action to the workflow. Set the workflow variable created in the previous step (in our example var_Display_Names). Choose List Lookup from the Equals dropdown menu. Source must be Current item. Then choose the Person or Group variable created in the step 1 from the Field dropdown menu (in this example People List). Now click the breadcrumbs button (...) and choose Display names, Semicolon Delimited from Select return type list.
- All the Display Names will be stored in the var_Display_Names variable separated by semicolon (;). For example the final result will be: John Doe;Bill Smith;Anna Kennedy;
Don't hesitate to comment or contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for reading this article. I hope you find it helpful.