Setting up Error Alerts on Nintex Workflows on Office 365

Document created by pesikwane on Nov 27, 2017Last modified by pesikwane on Dec 4, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

This solution allows you to set up workflow error alerts on Nintex Workflow for Office 365.

AuthorPalesa Sikwane
Long DescriptionThis is a little workaround that can assist you in setting up workflow error notifications on Nintex Workflow for Office 365 whenever a workflow gets Suspended.
Dependencies

Nintex Workflow 365

SharePoint Online

Compatibility

Nintex Workflow O365

Nintex Forms O365

Platform

Office 365

What's up Ninsters???

Finally back home in the city of Johannesburg, and I've been working on all sorts of interesting things! I've put together a little video below showing you how using List Alerts in conjunction with the Workflow History List on Office 365 to allow you to get Workflow Error Notifications. 

Summary:

Step 1: Access the history list for the site you would like to set up Workflow Error Notifications:

Append the following to your Site URL:

/Lists/Workflow%20History

For example, if your site URL is https://example.sharepoint.com/sites/hr , then the appended URL appears as follows.

https://example.sharepoint.com/sites/hr/Lists/Workflow%20History 

NB: Taken from our Online Help File titled Monitoring workflow status and history

Step 2: Set up your Errored Workflows List View

Creating a view called Errored Workflows with the following configuration:

List View

List View

NB: This resulted in me getting a List View from my Workflow History for all the workflows that have any of the keywords which are put in the Description whenever a workflow gets suspended for whatever reason, sorted by the latest one at the top.

Step 3: Set up your list Alert:

From your Workflow History List set up an Alert from the ribbon

Setting up an Alert

SharePoint List Alert

Setting up alerts on a view

Step 4: Test this by running workflows that get suspended and throw an error message:

In my case I ran on of my buggy workflows:

Workflow Status

And I received the following Alert as anticipated:

SharePoint List Alert

And... that's it! Would love it if you guys have a crack at this, and share some of thoughts and experiences!

I wish you all a really great weekend!

7 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes