Release Date: 20 June 2017
- You can now add multiple recipients to sign a DocuSign document and elect to enforce the signatures are signed sequentially based on the order of the recipients specified.
- Recipient order is based on the order they are added in (first recipient added is 1, second added is 2, etc.). If the user wishes to reorder recipients, they must manually delete recipients and re-add them in the correct order
- When designing an external start workflow, the designer can select which variables are 'output variables' of the workflow in the variables modal.
- The 'Call a workflow' action now supports the ability for the designer to choose if the calling workflow should run concurrently with the called workflow, or wait for the called workflow to complete before continuing.
- The 'Call a workflow' action supports the ability for the parent workflow to pause while the called workflow completes and post values back to the parent.
Release Date: 15 June 2017
- Enabled support for embedded custom tags in documents being sent for signature at DocuSign.
- When creating variables, set cursor focus to the variable name field after a variable has been added.
- Updated the Branch by stage action to support case insensitive stage names when driven by variable values. i.e. if there is a branch defined as Default and the variable value is default, the workflow will still resolve to the Default branch.
- Fixed an issue where if a workflow instance is terminated any associated tasks pending an outcome is not terminated.
- Fixed an issue with the Session expiry warning where the time shown on the warning message was wrong.
- Fixed an issue in the workflow’s instance detail page where the instance activities were showing in the wrong sequence when an “End this workflow” action is used.
- Fixed an issue by which, in e-Signature scenarios, responding to one instance might have impact on other instances.
- Fixed an issue with connection refresh when new connection is selected.
Release Date: 1 June 2017
- Participants can respond to a task (Express Approval) with comments and file attachments, which can be stored as variables and used throughout a workflow.
- New SharePoint Online actions:
- Create an item
- Copy a file
- Update an item
- Delete an item
- Retrieve an item
- Query a list
- In response to the new default engine behavior introduced in Release 22, there is now an option when configuring the start event to allow executing multiple instances of a specific workflow for a given record.
- Updated the “Change state” action to allow supporting setting a variable in the “Set next stage” field.
- Fixed an issue for Chrome v58 where when using the Full Screen dialog for the rich text editor (RTE) would cause the browser to stop responding.
- Fixed styling issues to the font size picker when using the Full Screen dialog for the rich text editor (RTE).
- Fixed an issue where if an action is copied and updates were made to the copied action, the action could not be pasted.
- General bug fixes, performance improvements, and security enhancements.
Release Date: 18 May 2017
- Updated workflow execution behavior to only run a single instance of a specific workflow definition for a given record. This reduces unnecessary workflows starting on update events if the workflow updates a record as part of a step within the executing workflow.
- Search parameters on the Instance list no longer reset after terminating an instance.
- Improved the error messaging in the Branch by stage action if trying to change to a stage that does not exist.
- Updated Connection management page to delete configured default file storage location if a user deletes the corresponding connection in the Connection list.
- Fixed an issue where the list of available fields did not refresh when the object selected was changed. E.g. If a user selects Account for an on object and starts adding start event variables, if the user then updated the object to Contact, a list of Account fields will still be displayed.
- General bug fixes, performance improvements, and security enhancements.
Release Date: 4 May 2017
- New actions
- Pause for duration
- Call a workflow - Users will be able to configure a workflow action to start an External start workflow.
- Multiple condition statements for logic and flow actions, support we have added – Run if, Branch by condition, Start a loop.
- Updated the Slack – Create channel action to support creating Private channels.
- Added the ability to store a task outcome as a variable.
- Updated in-product help links.
- Participants that respond to a task that has been terminated will receive an email indicating that the task was previously terminated.
- Improved error messaging when file streaming fails.
Release Date: 24 April 2017
- Added support for selecting a variable when setting the initial stage in the “Branch by stage” action.
Release Date: 20 April 2017
- Workflows can be configured to ingest files as part of “External start” start events. Designers will specify the location to store the files for the duration of the workflow, and the files will be referenced by collection(s) variables.
- New connection management page allows users to set a tenant level default file storage location to store any files that are included in a Nintex start event to be used in subsequent workflow actions.
- Collections variables and collection actions now support working with files as part of or all of a collection.
- You can now pick the folder location when configuring the start event for Dropbox Business and Box Connectors.
- When searching for workflow instances that are running, the Date column defaults to Date initiated and Date completed has been disabled from the selection.
- Updated error messaging when workflows that have duplicate start event variables would fail – workflows published prior to Release 18.
- Fixed an issue where the Log to instance details action would cause the workflow to fail if the variable value is NULL.
- Fixed an issue where a workflow may be inadvertently started if a Dropbox member added a new file or folder to a similar path as one that a workflow is configured for a different Dropbox member.
- General bug fixes and performance improvements.
Release Date: 6 April 2017
- New Connector event:
- Zendesk – Update ticket
- New Connector actions:
- Dropbox Business – Share file link
- New action - Log to instance details will provide the ability to log variable values and data to the instance detail page.
- Availability of Nintex Hawkeye workflow analytics for Nintex Workflow Cloud (Trial / Enterprise Subscription). The following Hawkeye beacon actions are now available to be included in your workflow to provide greater insights into your processes:
- Beginning beacon
- Ending beacon
- Updated the Dropbox Business events to return the Member ID of the user that triggered the event, which can then be used for Dropbox Business actions to run in context of the user that triggered the workflow.
- Improved load time of retrieving Connections when configuring an action.
- Conditional start options now display known values for picklist fields. For example, if you define a condition using Account Type when specifying the Opportunity object for a Salesforce connection, you can now select from known values rather than manually entering a value.
- Send an email action now allows designers to specify the “From email address” field.
- Express Approval action “From email address” field is now optional and will auto-populate if not specified by the designer.
- Optional fields in Salesforce and Dynamics CRM “Retrieve a record” actions were incorrectly marked as required and have now been updated to be optional.
- Connections created with special characters such as “@” in their name were being encoded. This bug has been fixed, and all impacted connections have been corrected.
- Fixed an issue where the Connections list does not show the complete list of Connections when more than 200 items are available.
Release Date: 23 March 2017
- New Connector actions:
- Slack – Create a channel
- Slack – Invite user to a channel
- Slack – Remove user from a channel
Note: Any existing Slack connections will need to be re-created to update permissions required for the new actions.
- Zendesk – Delete a ticket
- Adobe Sign and DocuSign Get signature actions now support getting a file from an EFSS or a configured file variable to send for signature.
Note: Any previously configured Get signature actions will need to be replaced in order to access this new functionality.
- Introduction of 'Developer' role in user management to support the upcoming release of Nintex Xtensions.
- To alleviate the likelihood of reaching API usage limits for events that require polling, we have decreased polling frequency to once every 5 minutes.
- Increased the number of conditions from 3 to 5 when configuring the conditional start for a workflow as well as general improvements around interactions when adding a condition.
- Updated Zendesk – Update a ticket action to support retrieving values on default picklist fields – Priority, Status and Type
- Slack Post a message can use both Channel Id and Channel Name as variable input.
- Updates to instance details page
- Added the action default name into the instance activities table to assist with identifying actions that have been relabeled.
- Updated the layout of the instance detail page making it more legible.
- General improvements to messaging and displaying of error messages.
- Fixed an issue where workflows that have a large file size could not be published.
- As always, this release includes general bug fixes and improvements.
Release Date: 9 March 2017
- Fixed an issue that didn't allow designers to include a space when specifying values in conditional start criteria.
- Fixed an issue that caused workflows to fail if the "Express Approval" action had been renamed.
Release Date: 8 March 2017
- Support for conditional start of workflows. This will allow the designer to set specific criteria on when a workflow should execute. Reduces unnecessary start of workflows particularly on update events.
- Support for creating a share link for the following Enterprise File Share and Sync Connectors:
- Google Drive
- Citrix ShareFile
- OneDrive for Business
- New Connector actions:
- Dropbox Business – Delete folder
- Updated the SQL Connector actions by removing mandatory fields that did not apply when executing an insert, update, delete statement.
- Included the ability to set default values for datetime type user defined variables.
- Updated tasks to terminate if a workflow instance is terminated, or a workflow is deleted.
- Added help text to fields in EFSS action configuration to guide users to input acceptable values.
- Fixed an issue that caused Express Approval responses with special characters to be rejected.
- Fixed an issue where Unicode characters were causing workflow instances to fail.
- Fixed an issue with Salesforce query record to allow null values to appear at the bottom.
- Removed the ‘Include deleted’ option from Salesforce query record action since deleted records cannot be retrieved via the Salesforce retrieve a record action.
- Fixed an issue with Slack post a message action.
- Fixed an issue where a design session would be discarded without the need for user confirmation, even though a variable was created.
Release Date: 23 February 2017
- Set default values for user defined workflow variables.
- Updated the Instance details page with a link back to the search results on the Instance page.
- When configuring Salesforce actions, the relevant fields to each action is returned depending on attribute set on the field in Salesforce. E.g., Create a record will only return fields that have the attribute of creatable.
Box actions now support file path instead of file id, keeping in standards with other Enterprise File Sync and Share Connectors. Published workflows that use the existing Box actions that support FileID will still run as expected.
Updated date time start event variables in Box, Dropbox Business and Twilio to return as datetime type where previously it was returning as text type.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Release Date: 8 February 2017
- Nintex Mobile App users can now view and act upon tasks from within the app.
- Files are now a supported variable which references a file in an external system, and can move and manipulate the file within a workflow.
- “Set variable value” allows designers to create a file variable that references a specific path of a stored document for subsequent workflow actions.
- “Send an email” and “Express Approval” actions now support email attachments.
- Dropbox Business actions now pull in a list of team members, eliminating the need to configure the “Get member details” action in order to configure any Dropbox Business actions.
- DocuSign and Adobe Sign “Store signed documents” actions now support uploading the documents to Dropbox Business.
Release Date: 24 January 2017
- Task search page now has pre-defined search parameters so the page will load with the most recent active tasks.
- Adobe Sign “Store signed documents” action now inherits certain configuration settings from the “Get signature” action.
- Added checks to ensure that variables inserted into mandatory fields contain a value at runtime. If no value is available, appropriate error messaging will be displayed on the instance details page.
- Email address field in task search is no longer case-sensitive.
- Fixed an issue where newly started workflows were not displayed in the “Running last 5 days” view due to date time formatting issues.
- Fixed an issue where workflows that were terminated were being displayed as part of the Running view.
- Fixed an issue that only allowed connections to certain DocuSign environments.
Release Date: 16 January 2017
- Added in product chat support where a user will be able to initiate a chat with an agent or send an offline message if there are no agents available online
- Added in product help guide for first time users in trial tenancies
- Added predefined search criteria for the Instance list to retrieve workflow instances that were initiated in the last 5 days or that have errored in the last 5 days
- Fixed an issue where the designer hits exception if a workflow is saved with no start event but includes a Connector action (e.g. Salesforce – Update record)
- Fixed an issue where the child action configuration values are not saved in a container action when it is copied and pasted
Release Date: 12 January 2017
- New Connector: Adobe Sign actions
- Get signature
- Store signed documents
- Export and import workflows using a token key within and between tenants
- Updated the workflow instance list and added the ability to search for workflow instances
- Improved the workflow instance detail page to return details of all the activities executed in the workflow instance
- Workflow start event and action(s) now show as unconfigured in the designer if a Connection that was previously used in its configuration is no longer available
- DocuSign “Store signed document” action will inherit Connection and Envelope ID from the “Get signature” action if it is included within the branches of that action
- Updated email notifications for “Invalid response” and “Task already completed” to include relevant information for troubleshooting
- Fixed an issue where a Salesforce formula field type was not returning as per data type specified in Salesforce. e.g. a formula field of date was returned as string into the workflow
- Fixed issue where license and subscription data sometimes failed to load.
- Scheduled Workflows - Fixed issue where selecting a frequency value was optional.
Note: As we have improved the way we display workflow instance details, some of the existing workflow instances that have completed prior to this release may now be marked as running. We are updating the workflows to reflect their correct status.
Release Date: 14 December 2016
- New events for Connectors
- Citrix ShareFile – New folder
- Zendesk – New ticket
- New actions for Connectors
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM – Query records
- Zendesk – Get user details
- Microsoft One Drive for Business – Get folder contents
- Box – Get folder contents
- Google Drive – Get folder contents
- Citrix ShareFile – Get folder contents
- DocuSign – Store signed documents
- When included in a “Get signature” action branch, designers can build a workflow that stores the signed documents in Google Drive, Box, or OneDrive for Business
- Updated the successfully saved workflow feedback to display briefly instead of requiring of dismissal modal
- Updated the successfully published workflow dialog to now include options to continue designing or exiting the designer
- Updated the user interactions when adding new start event variables and user defined variables
- Updated the Box – Get file metadata action to return created date and modified date in date/time type
- Updated the Dropbox Business – Get file metadata action to return modified date in date/time type
- Improved the Microsoft Dynamics CRM create connection experience by providing an example of the URL required
- License & Subscription page - Added warning Icon to over entitlement information pane.
- Scheduled workflow - Improved UI of start event configuration. Workflows can now be scheduled to run once and not recur.
- Enabled session timeout warnings where a user will be notified when their session is about to expire and when it has expired
- Fixed an issue where the Switch by value action does not error out when none of the values evaluate to true
- Fixed an issue where Boolean values returned in the email body was displayed as true/false. It now returns Yes/No.
Release Date: 30 November 2016
- New events for Connectors:
- Citrix ShareFile – New file
- New actions for Connectors:
- Dropbox Business Team Mgmt – Invite member
- Dropbox Business Team Mgmt – Delete member
- Dropbox Business Team Mgmt – Suspend member
- Dropbox Business Team Mgmt – Unsuspend member
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business – Get file metadata
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business – Copy a file
- Citrix ShareFile – Move a file
- Citrix ShareFile – Create folder
- Support for Dynamics CRM custom objects when configuring the start event of a workflow (after selecting new or update event)
- New logic and flow action, Loop for each – loops through each value in a collection variable
- Added support for using variable in a link name in the rich text editor
- Added support to overwrite an existing file in the OneDrive for Business – Move file action
- Included __c to Salesforce objects when selecting objects to help denote custom objects
- Included a confirmation warning when clearing the Connection value for the action configuration
- Updated the styling of the toolbar in the workflow designer
- Improved the Save / Save as functionality in the workflow designer, where the Save now does not prompt for Name and Description again once the workflow has been initially saved
- Reordered the categories in the workflow actions toolbox
- Limited the allowed characters that can be entered for the outcomes in the Express Approval action
- Improved formatting and information provided in automated responses to Express Approval if a task has already been completed or if the participant responds with an invalid outcome
- Updated text labels in the Dropbox Business – Get member details
- Updated the styling of the date time picker resulting in a better experience when configuring Nintex – workflow scheduler event
- Improved the depth of information provided when publishing an External start workflow
- Fixed an issue where inconsistent error messages were displayed in the Object name field for broken connection
Release Date: 22 November 2016
- Updated workflow schedule to support hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly recurrence
- Fixed an issue where negative values could not be entered for number fields
- Fixed an issue where the Run parallel paths had invalid action configuration help instructions
- Fixed an issue where percent values from Connectors were rendered as text type. This has now been updated to use decimal type
- Fixed an issue where the Number of records returned in the Salesforce Query record action was being returned as a string value causing issues when used in a loop action
Release Date: 18 November 2016
- Scheduled workflows - workflows can be configured to start on a specified date/time and run at a specified frequency and interval
- New actions for Connectors:
- Salesforce - Query records
- Slack - post a message
- Dropbox Business - Get folder contents
- New events for Connectors:
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business - New file
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business - New folder
- Support for Salesforce custom objects when configuring the start event of a workflow (after selecting new or update event)
- Expanded mode available for the rich text editor in "Send an email" and "Express Approval"
- Updating the Connection for an event or action retains existing configurations
- Standardized and updated the "Add variable" label across text, integer and datetime fields to just “+ Variable”
- Updated messaging to specify the required variable data type when variables are not available for selection
- Added confirmation dialog when deleting a branch for logic and flow actions that allow multiple branches to be added
- Updated modal dialog styling across the product
- Deleting or pausing a workflow will update the connection to no longer poll for events
- User management page no longer displays number of roles at the top of the page
- Updated the date time control on the Public web form and Manual start form
- Updated the interaction and styling when reordering start event variables for Nintex Connector type events
- Updated task search date fields to notify the user if the specified date range is invalid
- Added information to License and subscription page (formerly called Tenancy information): Primary tenancy contact, Subscription entitlement, and Current tenancy usage
- Fixed an issue where inputs could not be entered in a number field on Safari
- Fixed an issue where variables can be created with an empty name
- Fixed an issue that the DocuSign template list never loaded if no templates exist
- Fixed an issue where text values were being encoded when submitted via the Public web form and Manual start form
- Fixed an issue where the reordering of start event variables for Nintex Connector type events was not available (was inadvertently removed in the last release)
- Fixed an issue where the Publish dialog had a link in the Assigned use information panel that was not linking to anywhere
- Fixed an issue where text could be pasted into a number only input
- Fixed an issue where horizontal scrollbars did not appear in the designer in Chrome and Safari on a Mac
- Fixed an issue where start event variables were appearing in the Set a variable value action
- Fixed an issue where a long Connection name was flowing over to the next line
- Fixed an issue where the dialog headings were taking a long time to load
- Nintex Mobile form access: Users will need to sign in again for access.
- When editing existing workflows that are configured to start on a Salesforce event, designers will need to reselect the Object and republish the workflow.
- NetSuite (ERP) has been temporarily removed from our connector catalog. All workflows that previously used the NetSuite connector for actions or events will fail and users will need to reconfigure and republish their workflows without the NetSuite actions or events.