Convert Forms to PDF w/ Workflow

Document created by eharris04 Employee on May 20, 2016Last modified by eharris04 Employee on May 20, 2016
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

This form and workflow combination allows you to save the form and store it in a Document Library.

AuthorVadim Tabakman
Long Description

This process works around two main piece of technology.

1. a Word document that has Content Controls on it

2. the Nintex Workflow Convert Document action, that uses Word Automation Services, to convert the word document to PDF

The Workflow itself is not very complex.  There are about 7 actions in it.  All it's doing, is creating a couple of text variable to store the temporary Word Document and also the PDF.  Then, since one of my controls on my form is not linked to any field on the list, I need a Query XML action to pull the value out of it.  Once we have that, we use the Update Document action to create an instance of our document template and we update all the Content Controls on that document.  This action will create the Word Document in our library.

The 2nd last action is the Convert Document action which will take the newly created Word document and convert it to PDF.

The final action is a Delete Item, which will delete the Word document, since we don't need it.

Dependencies

None

Support InfoVadim Tabakman - Nintex Workflow/Forms to PDF - Vadim Tabakman
Compatibility

Nintex Forms 2013

Nintex Workflow 2013

Platform

SharePoint Server 2013

Screenshots

Additional Information

Form more information on this solution visit Nintex Workflow/Forms to PDF - Vadim Tabakman

Nintex Xchange Terms of Use Policy

Nintex makes no warranty or guarantee about the reliability, performance, quality, or functionality of any assets, and any assets you install are therefore provided as is. By downloading this asset, you agree to the terms of use.

3 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes