Archiving a List Item with Workflow History

Document created by Eric Harris Employee on May 19, 2016Last modified by Vadim Tabakman on Jul 28, 2016
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

This UDA can be used to perform a Math Power calculations as desired.  You could also use the inline function in workflow as well.

AuthorVadim Tabakman
Long Description

The process described in this post, is about getting the workflow history from an original item and specific workflow instance, and logging it to another workflow instance on the destination item.  Not the ideal solution, but it's better than nothing right?

What I've done though, is add the Workflow History logging into a User Defined Action.  That way, it is reusable in any workflow.  It also means you can reuse it multiple time in one workflow, to copy workflow history from multiple workflow instances.

Dependencies

None

Support Info

Vadim Tabakman - Nintex Workflow - Archiving a List Item with Workflow History - Vadim Tabakman

Compatibility

Nintex Workflow 2010

Platform

SharePoint Server 2010

Screenshots

Additional Information

Nintex Workflow - Archiving a List Item with Workflow History - Vadim Tabakman

I do want to point out that workflow history is stored based on a specific workflow instance.  This process is going to take that workflow and now log it to a different workflow instance.  But that is the result of this process.  There's no way to copy a workflow instance completely over to another list and another list item.  Hopefully, this is a nice workaround for you.

Nintex Xchange Terms of Use Policy

Nintex makes no warranty or guarantee about the reliability, performance, quality, or functionality of any assets, and any assets you install are therefore provided as is. By downloading this asset, you agree to the terms of use.

I do want to point out that workflow history is stored based on a specific workflow instance.  This process is going to take that workflow and now log it to a different workflow instance.  But that is the result of this process.  There's no way to copy a workflow instance completely over to another list and another list item.  Hopefully, this is a nice workaround for you.

Outcomes