Splitting Text - RegEx

Document created by Eric Harris Employee on May 16, 2016
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

This bit of code will help you if you need to pull or retrieve data into a workflow variable that has come in via a delimited format.

AuthorVadim Tabakman
Long Description

Sometimes if you get data from lists, web services, databases or elsewhere, that comes to you in a delimited form.  Either comma delimited, as in CSV files, or semi-colon delimited, as from some accounting systems or some other delimiter.

Notice that the first data entry field to fill is in the pattern.  When doing a split, this is the delimiter.  The character or characters that will be used to split a piece of text.  The operation is "Split" and the Input text, I've simply typed in some text with the comma separating them.

The result of this needs to be stored in a Nintex Workflow collection variable.  For more information on the collection variable, take a look at these :

http://nintexdownload.com/Nsupport/tutorials/How%20to%20use%20the%20Collection%20variable.pdf

and

Nintex Workflow - Collection Variable - Vadim Tabakman

Dependencies

N/A

Support Info

Vadim Tabakman - Regular Expressions in Nintex Workflow

Compatibility

Nintex Workflow 2010

Nintex Workflow 2013

Office 365

Platform

SharePoint Server 2010

SharePoint Server 2013

Office 365

Screenshots

Split.png

Additional Information

If you want to learn more, take a look at this site, which is one that I go to often to if I need a refresher - RegExr: Learn, Build, & Test RegEx

I hope this explains a little on how to use Regular Expressions in your Nintex Workflows.  If you have any questions, please free to post them in the comments section.

Nintex Xchange Terms of Use Policy

Nintex makes no warranty or guarantee about the reliability, performance, quality, or functionality of any assets, and any assets you install are therefore provided as is. By downloading this asset, you agree to the terms of use.

1 person found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes