This asset provides code-snippets and an example form demonstrating how you can perform the REST service query within a Nintex Form to access SharePoint List data.
Accessing SharePoint data using the SharePoint REST service can be problematic from within Nintex Forms due to the way in which cross-domain requests are blocked. This asset demonstrates the pattern necessary for using the REST service to retrieve all items within a custom SharePoint List ("TEST").
To keep the code-snippet as simple as possible, the data returned from the "TEST" list is simply written to the browser's console for testing purposes.
Steps to implement (without using Sample Form):
- Open your form in the Nintex Forms Designer
- Open Form Settings
- Save, Publish and Open your form.
- Open the Chrome Developer Tools (F12 or CTRL + SHIFT + I)
- Ensure that the console pane is open
- Force the Nintex Form to refresh (F5)
- Inspect the JSON results returned in the console window from the Data.getSomethingWithREST() function.
- These results are dependent upon a "TEST" SharePoint List.
A custom SharePoint List named "TEST".
Patrick Abel | Summit 7 Systems | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nintex Forms 2013
SharePoint Server 2013
Browser Console Output:
Components included in the Asset:
- Sample form (.nfp file) demonstrating how to query the SharePoint REST service to retrieve SharePoint List data.