Weekly Community News - March 28, 2016

Document created by frank.field@nintex.com Employee on Mar 28, 2016Last modified by frank.field@nintex.com Employee on Apr 1, 2016
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Community News - March 28, 2016

Hello, everyone! I hope you're off to the start of a great week! We wrap up March with some great blog posts and comments from our CEO, John Burton! There are new videos in the Training space, too. Oh, and don't forget - there are only four days this week until we wrap up the March mission!

Training

FilmFestivalFinal2.png The Forms Film Festival continues in the Training space!

The latest post is episode three: Forms Film Festival Ep 3: Forms Rules Pane.

And while you're there, don't forget to submit your comments in the latest poll asking: What would you like?

Cool Community Content

Five Tips For Building Effective Teams

Our CEO is posting a blog on Nintex.com each month, and we're going to summarize it here.  This month, he talks about team building!

jb.jpg(by John Burton)

Whether you’re a C-level executive or a project team lead, building effective teams is essential to your success. You can have top-of-the-line technology, an eager market for your products or services, and the respect of industry leaders, but if you don’t have the right teams in place, innovation can falter and your chances of success can diminish. Teams make the difference.

In working with dozens of teams over the years for companies of a multitude of sizes, I’ve seen several elements consistently lead to success.

Tip #1 – Choose the right people

To build effective teams, you need a common driver – more on that later – but you don’t need to strive for compatibility. Healthy tension sparks ideas, innovation and growth.

As I’ve built teams in the past, I keep in mind that there are three categories of people: those who make things happen, those who let things happen and those who stop things from happening. It seems always the case that the first type always has both aptitude and the right attitude.

Tip #2 – Listen to your team members

Choosing an effective team and then not listening to them is demotivational and wastes valuable resources. Ask them questions and listen – really listen – to what they have to say. You’ll gain valuable insight into what it’ll take to make your project or company a success and they’ll feel appreciated, which will make them work that much harder as part of your team.

Tip #3 – Make sure the trust is there

While I don’t believe effective teams should be made up of people who always agree with one another, they should trust each other. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if there’s no resolution of differences, progress slows or stops, ultimately the worst fate in any enterprise.

Tip #4 – Motivate your team with a shared objective

While an effective team’s skillset is broad, the team’s objective shouldn’t be. A shared and clear objective is essential to the team’s ultimate success.  Preferably, involve your team in the creation of that objective or objectives.

Tip #5 – Reward people in the way that feels most rewarding to them

Everyone needs and appreciates positive recognition. At Nintex, we’re careful to recognize that different people and roles respond to different forms of recognition, whether it’s modest, highly public, very frequent, team centric and many other characteristics.

Read the entire blog, including how John's epic trips to grab a cup of coffee lead to meaningful interactions with team members at Nintex.  Just click HERE.

March Mission

scavenger+hunt.pngTime is running, out but the points are there for the plucking!

Four days left as of this writing to complete the mission, and it'll only take a few minutes.

March Mission - Scavenger Hunt!

InspireX recordings

learning_center.pngIf you want to see what you missed at our first InspireX conference, you can now see recordings of all the sessions!

Just visit the Nintex Learning Center!

You'll find the link after you log in. But if you have trouble, just search "InspireX."  There are no passwords or codes to obtain. Just visit the NLC, log in, and enjoy!

Unanswered Questions

I try to post a few unanswered questions, so see if perhaps you can help your fellow community member...

Remember, you get points (real and karma!) for helping others in the community. And if someone answers your question, please click the "correct answer" button beneath his/her comment! It helps everyone who uses search for finding answers.

Have a great week, everyone!

Frank

Your community manager

Attachments

Outcomes