Weekly Update - March 21, 2016

Document created by Frank Field Employee on Mar 18, 2016Last modified by Frank Field Employee on Mar 21, 2016
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Weekly Community News, March 21, 2016

Hello, Community! 

I returned from a conference on communities late last week and tried to climb out of a pile of email.  I managed to keep tabs on the community via a mobile app, but I'm glad to be back in front of a screen where I can dive in!  Looking back, we had a fun announcement on a new book by our own Eric Harris, and a bunch of new videos in Training.  Looking ahead, we have even more training videos and LOTS of Cool Community Content on the way from active community members!

Training

FilmFestivalFinal2.png

We have a new series out from the fine folks at the Training space.  It's the "Forms Film Festival," where they're explaining Nintex Forms.

First up, Forms Film Festival Ep 1: Cascading Lookups.  This week, expect three new videos on: the repeating section control, the rules pane and task forms!

If you'd like to keep tabs on what's coming, visit the new "Activity" page in the Training space.

activitypage.PNG

To find that, visit the space and look for the "Activity" link near the upper-left.

Click that and you'll see upcoming dates on the right side of the Activity page.

See the picture to the right for that link.

There are a couple of polls here, too.

What do you use?

What would you like?

Go vote on what you'd like to see in an upcoming training video!

Cool Community Content

Ayman El-Hattab has a great tip in this post where he explains why and how you may want to work on Resetting Repeating Sections .

Mike Fitzmaurice has a great article in Workflow magazine on how tasks work across products!  Take a look HERE.  Many thanks to Fernando Hunth for a blog alerting us to it.CROSS-PRODUCT INTEGRATION: THE ONLY KIND THAT MATTERS

Jesse McHargue continues to crank out the content with two blogs in the past few days. Work Smarter, Not Harder in which he explains how Nintex makes it easy to create workflows.  He's looking for feedback, too, so click that link and read that short blog!

Sharon Kratsch supplied the Dev Talk space with a blog: Inactivating Items in a List Lookup Dropdown

And Amanda Oldring discusses a recent project in the Dev Talk space on: Web Request Method: POST to ArcGIS Server using ESRI's REST API

Prasanna Adavi got busy in the Nintex Gallery with two posts: Last Monday, he showed us: @Creating a Project in Project Server from SharePoint with selected Project Type , then he followed that up two days later with: Capturing Project Data Snapshot with Nintex Workflow

Hangout

EBOOK_COVER2.png

Did you miss last week's Nintex Hangout - Live! with Eric Harris? Watch it now! It's 34 minutes well-spent. You'll learn about Eric's new book: Zero to 60 with Nintex.

Read his special announcement for details: Nintex Hangount Special Announcement - from Melbourne

And visit the Nintex Hangout for a link to the last hangout from Melbourne and find out how to take part in the next one!

For the record, I'm only 20 pages in, but, not being technical, I have already learned a thing or two.

I liked the explanation of Nintex as a sprocket on a bicycle (this wannabe triathlete "gets" that!), and that he encourages links to this community!

Also, good point about parity between on-prem and O365: "The platform determines how the process is run, not the product." Nice explainer on that often-misunderstood aspect!

Thanks, Eric!  I will finish the book!

March Mission!

Time's almost up! Don't forget to move up the leaderboard by completing: March Mission - Scavenger Hunt!

March Product Release, Reminder

Did you see What's New From Nintex!  March 2016 Release?  Nintex Mobile Enterprise has a new feature. Read all about it in Dan Stoll's blog linked in that release announcement.

Unanswered Questions

And don't forget to lend a hand if you can in the Unanswered Questions space. And remember if you post a question, don't forget to spread the points karma (and build up our community's knowledge base) by marking the correct answer button when someone answers your question!

Have a great week!

Frank

Your community manager

Attachments

Outcomes