Summary:When executing NWAdmin.exe in Power-Shell you may run into an issue where you exceed maximum memory allotted to Power-Shell. You may need to review these and bump them up if needed for the operation.
Product:All Workflow for SharePoint on-premises;All Forms for SharePoint on-premises
Symptom:You run NWAdmin.exe using Power-Shell and it does not complete the task.
Cause:You may be reaching maximum memory limitation set for Power-Shell.
First, check to see what size database you are working on using NWAdmin.exe. If the database is large, you may have reached maximum memory limit set for Power-Shell.
To check current settings:
- Open Power-Shell console and type in: sl WSMan:\localhost\Shell
- Then type in: dir
- You will now see the settings for current Power-Shell window
- Run this and specify the amount you would like to set to:
- Set-Item .\MaxMemoryPerShellMB 2048
- You may need to restart 'Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) (winrm)' by using:
- Restart-Service winrm
- Confirm changes by: dir