You can manage your Workflow History lists to disable certain aspects of Nintex Workflow’s functionality with the history list. This setting can only be configured on site level
- Requirement to stop notifications being sent when a workflow errors.
- Helpful for troubleshooting erroneous workflows without producing email spam.
The recipients of error notifications is based upon the settings defined under the ‘Workflow Error & Cancellation Notification Settings’ which can be configured in Central Admin, Site Collection Level and Site Level.
You can read more on this feature here: Help File Excerpt
Go to the following :
[Site Settings] > [Nintex Workflow Management] > [Manage Workflow History Lists]
You can select the list which you wish to disable.
A workflow can always use any history list, but if it’s disabled, then when the history list logs error reports from workflows it is unable to utilize the event receivers attached to the list to trigger notifications to users regarding the workflow error.
Enabling the History list again will replace the event receiver for the history list allowing error notifications to be triggered once again
I also have outlined some common misconceptions regarding the effect of disabling the Workflow History List in this way, all below is considered expected behavior.
- A disabled History List can always be selected via workflow settings.
- Error Notifications will still be logged to the history list itself.
- Log to History actions will still create entries
For more information on History Lists behavior please see the following blogs:
- Defensive Workflow Design Part 1 - Workflow History Lists
- Demystifying Workflow History (Part 1)
- Demystifying Workflow History (Part 2)