I�m currently building a workflow which uses the action, Provision user on exchange. From what I can see I need to install the Nintex Workflow Exchange Connector. Before we install this piece of software the IT operations team here would like to know:  1.

Document created by nintexsupport Support on Dec 28, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Summary:

I�m currently building a workflow which uses the action, Provision user on exchange. From what I can see I need to install the Nintex Workflow Exchange Connector. Before we install this piece of software the IT operations team here would like to know:  1. Why it�s needed?  2. What it does?  3. If it�s a web service, why does it need to be installed on the Exchange server?  4. Does it use powershell?

Product:

All Workflow for SharePoint on-premises

Answer/Solution:

1.       Why it’s needed?  This is needed as it provides an interface for the workflow to invoke remotely to create the mailbox.     2.       What it does?  This installs a web service that can be invoked from the workflow. The code of the web service will use Exchange's automation ability to create the mailbox.    3.       If it’s a web service, why does it need to be installed on the Exchange server?  This requires an installation because the web service needs to be able to talk to Exchange. Exchange itself doesn't expose the functionality to automate mailbox creation remotely. Therefore Nintex requires something that will provide this.    4.       Does it use PowerShell?   Yes it uses PowerShell.

Attachments

Outcomes