The release notes outlines the key feature changes in the Nintex Workflow for Office 365 service. It is not an exhaustive list of enhancements or bug fixes.
Release Date 17 October 2018
In this release we have introduced:
- New administration and governance capabilities providing the ability to configure one or many administrators of Nintex Workflow. Nintex Administrators will be able to create and manage tenant-wide connections, as well as limit which users can publish workflows.
- A new Settings menu in the Workflow gallery page providing access to the administration capabilities, as well as a new General page for accessing the Connection creation and User profile settings (previously located in the cog dialog).
Release Date 4 October 2018
Release Date 10 September 2018
Release Date 3 September 2018
Release Date 2 May 2018
- Introducing Component workflows allowing designers to create shared and reusable workflows that can be discovered and executed from other workflows across your tenant whilst assisting to promote standardization and business logic reuse across Nintex Workflow for Office 365. Furthermore, extends the platform by generating secure publicly addressable endpoints that any cloud service can use to call Component workflow
Release Date 17 April 2018
- Updated Person or Group, Choice and Hyperlink Variables to allow the option to disable Initiation setting.
Release Date 8 February 2018
- Introducing Connection Manager which allows workflow designers and administrators the ability to create a centralized and updatable set of managed credentials. Connections can be created using both the oAuth2 protocol as well as username and password, once created connections can then be shared across site collections as well scoped to a specified set of designers.
Release Date 11 January 2018
- Introducing Conditional start of workflows in Nintex Office 365. Workflows can now be started subject to a set of conditions, built with a graphical condition builder. Conditions can be applied to both start-on-item-creation and start-on-item-change.
Release Date 19 December 2017
- With this release, navigating through the workflow will be easier with the introduction of the Designer Zoom In and Out
Release Date 12 October 2017
We have improved the Task actions with the introduction of
- Actionable messages which makes it easy to action tasks directly from a user's email
- Task ID to enable querying of task information
Document Generation for European customers
- The document generation action will process and generate all document in our European data centre for all Nintex tenants located in Europe.
Release Date 16 August 2017
A visual refresh to moderise the action and ribbon icons giving a more consistent experience between on-premises Nintex 2016 for SharePoint and Nintex for Office 365.
- Refreshed Action icons
- Refreshed ribbon icons
Release Date 24 July 2017
With this release those repetitive business processes can be initiated on a predefined schedule.
- Scheduled workflow feature for site workflows. A range of start options is offered for scheduling repeated starts on a defined frequency.
Also an option to convert Word Fields to text in the Document Generation action.
Release Date 28 June 2017
This release will make designing and communicating workflow designs much easier.
Adding Action set
- Action set to collect actions into a logical process step that can collapse into a single action representation on the canvas
- Replaces App step to elevate privileges of all contained actions
- Can contain child Action sets with their own elevated privilege settings
- A parent Action set with elevated privileges elevates the privileges of all child Action sets and contained actions, irrespective of the child Actions set privilege setting.
All actions that create branches or contain other actions e.g. loops, can now be collapsed to a single action representation.
Release Date 19 April 2017
Document Generation - New Features
Ability to disable and enable actions within the Workflow designer
- Support for Dynamic CRM 2016 (connector actions)
- Ability to connect to Dynamic CRM 2016 Online and On-premises
Release Date 29 March 2017
- Import and Replace
- The ability to import a workflow design to replace an existing workflow of the same name. Enables the development - test - production procedures that are favoured by many companies.
- Start workflow in Nintex Workflow Cloud
- The ability to initiate a workflow in Nintex Workflow Cloud
- Nintex Hawkeye Support
- The ability to access and decorate workflows with Hawkeye actions to ingest Workflow data into Hawkeye.
Release Date 18 January 2017
- Set workflow variable enhancement
- Ability to set the value of multiple workflow variables in a single action
Release Date 20 July 2016
- Open task forms in Edit mode
- Ability to configure task forms to open directly in Edit mode, available in Assign a Task and Start a Task Process actions
Release Date 15 June 2016
- Added Adobe Sign digital signature capability
- Integration with the Adobe Sign platform to support digital signature capture
- Supports signature requests from single or multiple recipients
- Supports templates stored in both Adobe Sign and SharePoint Online
- Allows saving of signed documents as pdf back into SharePoint Online
Release Date 2 December 2015
- Added Document Generation capability
- Automatically assemble highly formatted documents
- Merge data from a workflow with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Option to create documents in PDF
Release Date 4 November 2015
- Added attachments and the capability to email outside the tenant to the Send an email action
Release Date 19 August 2015
- Introduction of the Workflow Gallery entry page
- See all workflow designs on the list or site that you are on
- Create a new workflow or modify and existing workflow directly from the gallery
- Delete any unwanted workflows directly from the gallery.
- Adding Task escalation to Assign a Task and Start a Task Process actions
- Redirect (escalate) a task if it has not been actioned within the set deadline
- Redirect to another person or group
- Alternatively set the task to complete with a default outcome if not responded to within the deadline.
Release Date 30 July 2015
- Introduction of Task Forms support for Nintex Workflow for Office 365
- Create customised task forms for Workflow tasks (Start a Task Process & Assign a Task)
- Requires updated version of Nintex Forms for Office 365 app (version 188.8.131.52)
Release Date 21 July 2015
- Added support for Collection Operations using a collection variable. Provides compatibility with the on-premises collection variable type of NW2013 and NW2010.
- Added support for the Convert Value action, typically used to convert a string to a number or date.
- Added support for the Filter action; providing compatibility with the on-premises Filter action.
Release Date 18 June 2015
- Added support for Manager reference allowing the Workflow initiator's manager to be easy configured e.g. in a task notification.
- Added Boolean And & Or into the filter configuration of actions to support compound filter logic.
- Added labels onto the Conditional Branch action to make reading and following workflow logic easier.
Release Date 20 May 2015 - (Action Release)
- Added support for the Query List action.
Release Date 22 April 2015
- Added support for LazyApproval to the Assign a Task and Start a Task Process actions.
- Added support for the Build String and Regular Expression actions.
- Added support for the For Each action.
- Added support for the Switch action.
- Extended the Office 365 Create List Item to add the ability to create a document set and rename the action to
Office 365 Create List Item or Document Set.
Release Date 18 March 2015 - (Action Release)
Release Date 16 February 2015
- Added the ability to access user profile information within workflows with the Query User Profile action
- Added support to Terminate Current Workflows from within a workflow branch that has executed because of set criteria
- Added support for Terminating All Instances of a workflow, this can be used to clean up test workflows or other inactive or active workflows
Release Date 2 February 2015
- Added branches and easy configuration to Assign a Task and Start a task process actions.
- Added support for Web request and Execute SQL actions
- Added support for Office 365 Create navigation action
- Added support for MailChimp Unsubscribe from list, MailChimp Retrieve unsubscribed emails and MailChimp Retrieve list actions
Release Date 29th October 2014
- Added actions for App Step and Microsoft Azure
Release Date 19th May 2014
- Added support for State Machine actions (State Machines, Set Next State)
- Added the ability to re-order State Machine branches within the designer
- Added support for the RunIf actions
- Added support for custom action labels
Release Date 28th January 2014
- Updated the App version to 184.108.40.206 in the SharePoint App Store.
Release Date 2nd January 2014
- Added the ability for workflows to be imported/exported between Office 365 lists, libraries and sites.
- Added an improved variable experience allowing variable creation from within an action dialog.
- Added support for Initiator Token Display Name, Email and Login tokens.
- Added the What's New page that is automatically displayed when a user logs in.
Release Date 19th September 2013
- Initial release of version 220.127.116.11 in the SharePoint App Store.