Have you seen Product Update - What you need to know?
Ensure the user account that is performing the Installation/Deployment (Windows user as well as user logged into Central Administration) is the Farm Installation account and that it is a Local Administrator on the Server you are installing on.
Installing Nintex Forms Enterprise Edition (optional)
- Make sure you have the required version of Nintex Forms 2013: 18.104.22.168 or later.
Note: A temporary Nintex Forms Standard license may be required before updating Nintex Forms. If this temporary license is required, make sure you import the license and run the IISreset command before updating Nintex Forms. For licenses, contact your Nintex partner or territory manager.
- Obtain an Enterprise-enabled license, then import the license and run the IISreset command.
For licenses, contact your Nintex partner or territory manager.
Updating from previous versions
To update from previous versions of Nintex Forms 2013, download the NintexForms2013.exe file and save it to your server environment. Double-click the file and follow the guides and instructions in the installation script. All updates to the application and database will be applied.
Updating from 2.4.0 or later to 2.5.0
If updating from 2.4.0 or later to 2.5.0, the installer may display the following message upon completion. If you see this message, follow the instructions to manually retract the indicated solutions and then re-run the installer.
"The currently deployed Nintex Forms solution could not be retracted automatically. Open Central Administration and retract the solution NintexForms2013.wsp and NintexForms2013BackwardsCompatibilityUI.wsp (if available), then re-run this installer."
If you have chosen to not use Nintex Live or Nintex Mobile, the upgrade is now complete.
If you have previously installed and configured both Nintex Live and Nintex Mobile, the upgrade is now complete.
*If using Nintex Live and Nintex Mobile for the first time, please read steps below to continue and complete the upgrade:
If Nintex Live has not previously been used:
Establish a Connection to Nintex Live
The Nintex Live Framework requires a connection to the internet to communicate with Nintex Live.
- Navigate to Central Administration and click Nintex Live Management. Click Connection settings.
- In the Nintex Live section, click on the Test Connection button.
- If a connection to Nintex Live can be established, a Connection successful message is displayed below theTest Connection button.
Note: If your network requires a proxy server to access the internet, specify the server details in the “Proxy server” section. These settings are specific to the Nintex Live Framework and will be the only application allowed access to the internet.
Configure Nintex Live Forms
- Navigate to Central Administration and click Nintex Forms Management. Click Live Forms settings.
- In the Enable Nintex Live Forms section, click on the Enable button.
- To allow Live Forms to be submitted by anonymous users over the internet, select Yes in the Allow anonymous form submissions section. In the warning dialog, click OK.
Note: Allowing anonymous form submissions may require Microsoft server internet licensing.
Nintex Live is already configured but Nintex Mobile is not
- Navigate to Central Administration and click on Application Management. Click Manage services on server.
- Locate Nintex Forms Compatibility Relay Service and click the Start link.
- Locate Nintex Live Relay Service and click on the Start link.
- Click Nintex Forms Management and then Manage Live Mobile Access.
- Click Enable to register the farm to Nintex Live for Mobile Access.