Products: Nintex Workflow 2013, Nintex Workflow 2010
Assist IT help users by simplifying traditional trouble-shooting processes with Yammer, SharePoint, Nintex Workflow and Nintex Live. For instance, users can initiate help desk ticketing by posting a message in Yammer to the IT Help Group.
Nintex Live can then scan Yammer for key words to kick-off help desk workflows, and IT can respond to the user’s post in Yammer when the issue has been resolved.
This template uses the Nintex Live action, Yammer Search Messages.
What will I find attached to this article?
- Search Yammer messages for a keyword workflow (Yammer-Simplify IT Help Desk Requests.nwf)
Prerequisites for this template:
- Nintex Live activated on your Nintex environment Installing Nintex Workflow 2013 and Nintex Forms 2013/ Installing Nintex Workflow 2010 (section Nintex Live)
- Yammer network, with an admin account (not included in the free version). You will need the admin email address and access to the account, to authorize Nintex Live to access your Yammer network
- Create a site workflow on the list using the workflow template.
- Complete the missing entries in the Nintex Live action 'Yammer message' - Authorizing user.
- Add entries to the list, and the workflow should run. Please note: The first run will require authorization from the Yammer admin account used, and future approvals can be automatically approved.
- Schedule the workflow to run every 5 minutes, to scan for the hashtag '#help'.
- Post a message with the hastag '#help' to the Yammer group, for the Workflow to find. A message will be posted back to the same group.
- Extra sophistication can be added to restrict search to messages posted after the last search – as it is, the same messages will be found for each run of the workflow.
- Only one hashtag, and one message is being posted, however, you can add extra search actions for multiple hashtags.