Products: Nintex Workflow 2013, Nintex Workflow 2010
Employee onboarding is a structured process in most organizations, and you may have automated your onboarding already with SharePoint and Nintex Workflow.
Nintex Live allows you to extend your employee provisioning processes by adding cloud-services, like Yammer, so that you can accomplish more in a single workflow. Similarly, when employees leave, you can decommission accounts with Nintex Workflow and Nintex Live, streamlining processes further and reducing organization risk.
This example uses the Nintex Live action, Yammer Create User.
What will I find attached to this article?
Attached to the article you will find a Workflow (.nwf) export, and a SharePoint list (.stp) for a fictitious company 'Crestan':
- On-boarding workflow, including Yammer account creation (Yammer-Automatically provision.nwf)
- List of new employees (Yammer-automatically provision.stp)
Prerequisites for this template:
- Nintex Live activated on your Nintex environment Installing Nintex Workflow 2013 and Nintex Forms 2013/ Installing Nintex Workflow 2010 (under 'Nintex Live')
- Yammer network, with an admin account (not included in the free version). You will need the admin email address and access to the account, to authorize Nintex Live to access your Yammer network
- Credentials to an Active Directory account to create new users (if not available, these actions in the state machine column in the workflow can be removed)
- Credentials to create an RTC (Real time communication) account e.g. Lync, and Exchange account
- An Amazon AWS account, http://aws.amazon.com/
- Security credentials for your Amazon AWS account - under <your name>-Security Credentials - , then Access Credentials, obtain the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key.
- Create new list from the template, and create a list workflow from the template.
- Configure the workflow to run when a list item is added.
- Add item to list to create new employee.