Have you seen Product Update - What you need to know?
- Ensure the user account that is performing the Installation/Deployment (Windows user as well as user logged into Central Administration) is the Farm Installation account and that it is a Local Administrator on the Server you are installing on.
- Navigate to Uninstall or change a program on the server hosting Nintex Workflow for Project Server 2010 and uninstall Nintex Workflow for Project Server 2010 (this does not affect the products functionality).
Warning: Do not retract the Nintex Workflow for Project Server 2010 solution(s) via SharePoint administration. Retracting the solution(s) is not required and will disrupt users currently using the product.
- Install the new Nintex Workflow for Project Server 2010 MSI. Choose Yes, add the solution SharePoint now when prompted. The installer will attempt to upgrade the solution in SharePoint.
- After installation, the Solution Management page will be displayed. Refresh the page until the nintexworkflowforprojectserver2010.wsp solution is listed as Deployed.
Note: If the page lists the solution as Deploying with a timestamp, refresh the page until the solution is listed as Deployed. If the page says Service Unavailable, then IIS is restarting. Refresh the page until it displays.
In some cases the Nintex Workflow for Project Server 2010 solution may appear with an Error. This indicates that the Solution package upgrade has failed.
To resolve: Click on the Nintex Workflow for Project Server 2010 solution(s) and click Deploy Solution. In most cases this resolves the error and the solution should be flagged as deployed. If not, reset IIS (Start->Run->iisreset) before clicking on Deploy Solution again. Resetting IIS resolves this issue as it releases all locks on the application files. After deploying manually, reset IIS on each front end server.
- With some updates, the Nintex Workflow for Project Server components within the Nintex Workflow configuration database and content database(s) may require an update (this will be specified within the version notes). Navigate to SharePoint Central Administration. In the Quick Launch menu, click Nintex Workflow Management, in the Nintex Workflow for Project Server 2010 section, click Database setup.
If an update is available, the component version number will be displayed in red and the Update now hyperlink will be available. Click on Update now.
- Reset IIS (Start->Run->iisreset) on all SharePoint farm servers and restart the following services:
- SharePoint 2010 Timer
- Microsoft Project Server Queue Service 2010
- c. Microsoft Project Server Events Service 2010
To restart the services:
- Open the Start menu, select Run and enter ‘Services.msc’.
- Locate the service. Right-click on the service and select Restart.
Note: If upgrading from Nintex Workflow for Project Server 2010 v220.127.116.11 English to Nintex Workflow for Project Server 2010 v18.104.22.168 International, reactivate Nintex Workflow for Project Server 2010 on the Project Web Application.
- Navigate to SharePoint Central Administration, click on Nintex Workflow Management, click on Project Web Application Activation.
- In the Currently Activated Project Server Sites section , select the Project Web Application and click on Deactivate.
- Enter the Project Web Application URL that was just deactivated into the PWA Site URL textbox and click on Activate.