Have you seen Product Update - What you need to know?
Upgrade Process: v1.3x and newer
Version 1.3.x was the first version of Nintex Forms 2010 to support the functionality of Nintex Mobile.
To take advantage of the functionality offered by Nintex Mobile, continue below or proceed to the next section, “Regular Upgrade Process”.
The Nintex Mobile communication channel provided in-house
If your SharePoint farm is exposed outside of your corporate network via internet, you may want to provision communication for Nintex mobile in-house. This method is more direct and faster than communication via Nintex Live.
The Nintex Mobile communication channel via Nintex Live
If your SharePoint farm is not available outside of your corporate network, the Nintex Live option allows Nintex Mobile to communicate with your environment. Uploads using this channel are restricted to a maximum of 100MB per item.
If you choose the option to use Nintex Mobile via Nintex Live, you must install the .NET 4 Framework on at least one web front end (WFE) server in your SharePoint farm before installing 1.3. This will enable the installation of two NT services (components referred to as “Live Relay” services), one of which requires .NET 4 to communicate with Nintex Live. Both of these NT services must be installed on the same server and that server must be a licensed web front end.
Once you have chosen which server will host the services, install the .NET 4 Framework. The installer is available here:
Please note: When the Nintex Forms installer is run, it will look for any servers running the .NET 4 Framework and deploy the Nintex Live Relay services to them. They are started on selected servers at a later point via SharePoint Central Administration.
Regular Upgrade Process
Ensure the user account that is performing the Installation/Deployment (Windows user as well as user logged into Central Administration) is the Farm Installation account and that it is a Local Administrator on the Server you are installing on.
Installing Nintex Forms Enterprise Edition (optional)
- Make sure you have the required version of Nintex Forms 2010: 22.214.171.124 or later.
Note: A temporary Nintex Forms Standard license may be required before updating Nintex Forms. If this temporary license is required, make sure you import the license and run the IISreset command before updating Nintex Forms. For licenses, contact your Nintex partner or territory manager.
- Obtain an Enterprise-enabled license, then import the license and run the IISreset command.
For licenses, contact your Nintex partner or territory manager.
Updating from previous versions
To update from previous versions of Nintex Forms 2010, download the NintexForms2010.exe file and save it to your server environment. Double-click the file and follow the guides and instructions in the installation script. All updates to the application and database will be applied.
If you have chosen to not use Nintex Live or Nintex Mobile, the upgrade is now complete.
If you have previously installed and configured both Nintex Live and Nintex Mobile, the upgrade is now complete.
*If using Nintex Live and Nintex Mobile for the first time, please read steps below to continue and complete the upgrade:
If Nintex Live has not previously been used:
Establish a Connection to Nintex Live
The Nintex Live Framework requires a connection to the internet to communicate with Nintex Live.
- Navigate to Central Administration and then click Nintex Live Management.
- Click Health Checks.
If a connection to Nintex Live can be established, a "Success" message is displayed in the status column.
Note: If your network requires a proxy server to access the internet, specify the server details in the “Proxy server” section. These settings are specific to the Nintex Live Framework and will be the only application allowed access to the internet.
Configure Nintex Live Forms
- Navigate to Central Administration and click Nintex Forms Management. Click Live Forms settings.
- In the Enable Nintex Live Forms section, click on the Enable button.
- To allow Live Forms to be submitted by anonymous users over the internet, select Yes in the Allow anonymous form submissions section. In the warning dialog, click OK.
Note: Allowing anonymous form submissions may require Microsoft server internet licensing.
Nintex Live is already configured but Nintex Mobile is not
- Navigate to Central Administration and click on Application Management. Click Manage services on server.
- Locate Nintex Forms Compatibility Relay Service and click the Start link.
- Locate Nintex Live Relay Service and click on the Start link.
- Click Nintex Forms Management and then Manage Live Mobile Access.
- Click Enable to register the farm to Nintex Live for Mobile Access.