On October 1, 2018, Nintex will no longer support Microsoft Account authentication for Nintex Mobile.
Why are we making this change?
In June 2016, Nintex released the Nintex Mobile Multiple Account Profile feature that provided a means of aggregating forms and tasks from multiple sources without the need of Microsoft Account authentication. As a result, Nintex will end of life Microsoft Account authentication.
As part of this transition, Nintex is notifying existing partners and customers to help prepare for this upcoming change.
Impacted customers are organizations that currently uses Microsoft Account authentication with:
- end users using Nintex Mobile application; or
- existing Nintex partners and customers that have built and deployed Nintex App Studio mobile applications enabling Microsoft Account.
If your customer solutions do not use Microsoft Account across any of these scenarios and does not use Microsoft Account for Nintex Mobile account authentication, no further action is required.
How does this impact me?
This change impacts Nintex partners and customers that are currently using Microsoft Account to support the following scenarios:
- Enterprises using the Microsoft Account technology to extend access to their on-premises SharePoint environment to Nintex Mobile;
- Nintex Mobile users using a Microsoft Account as a means of account aggregation; or
- Nintex partners and customers who have deployed and currently maintain Nintex App Studio applications that enable end users to authenticate using Microsoft Account.
How can I prepare for this change?
Ahead of the October 1, 2018 end of support for Microsoft Account, Nintex has created Knowledge Base articles that offer alternative approaches to using Microsoft Account:
- Enterprises using the Microsoft Account to extend access to their on-premises SharePoint environment to Nintex Mobile
- End users within Nintex Mobile application
- Existing Nintex partners and customers that have built and deployed Nintex App Studio mobile applications enabling Microsoft Account.
Nintex is working to communicate these changes through a variety of channels. These communications will target system administrators and designers identified as potentially using Microsoft Account.
These planned changes include:
- As of September 1st 2017, Nintex Mobile users looking to add a Microsoft Account are notified in app that they cannot authenticate using this method. This feature has been removed for new Microsoft Accounts.
- In early 2018, a release of Nintex Forms for SharePoint 2010/2013/2016 will include messaging in Central Administration. In October 2018, Nintex will remove the Microsoft Account feature from Central Administration.
- In calendar Q3 2018, Nintex is planning to apply in-app messaging targeting existing Nintex Mobile users. System Administrators should direct their end users to take the appropriate action detailed in the Knowledge Base article.
- Also in calendar Q3 2018, Nintex is planning to apply in-app messaging targeting existing Nintex App Studio users. System Administrators should direct their end users to take the appropriate action detailed in the Knowledge Base article.