Here at Nintex we like to make life nice and easy for our users and those new to Nintex Workflow (2010 & 2013). This month is a new feature to help you workflow admins see exactly what's going on with all your lovely Nintex Workflows with the introduction of Workflow Inventory. You will need the appropriate administration access to access the different views.
What Is It?
Workflow Inventory is a Site Setting area which will lay out in detail all the List and Site Workflows published to that Site, all sites in a Site Collection or all Sites in the Farm; providing in an easy to understand list of the following information -
- Site Collection (Farm view - Workflow Enterprise)
- Site Name (Site Collection inventory view - Workflow Enterprise )
- List Name (with a hyperlink to navigate to that list)
- Workflow Name (with a hyperlink to navigate to the workflow)
- Workflow Type - list, site and reusable templates (and for Nintex for Projects Server those workflow types as well).
- Modified By
- Modified date / time
- Published version #
- Last Saved version #
- Last Run Time
- Delete option
If you're a bit overloaded with the above information you can Modify view to toggle the columns on / off to tidy the view up to your personal preference. Also columns can be sorted or filtered.
We have also included a very handy Export table to CSV option which extends the information detail to include -
- Site Collection URL
- Web Application ID
- Site ID
- Web URL
- Workflow URL
- Workflow ID
- LIst ID
- List URL
- Last Modified in Days
- Last Run in Days
The final two being helpful audit options to see which workflows may no longer be required.
Drill down one level by clicking a Workflow link and you're presented with a graphical view of the workflow and some configuration options within the breadcrumb -
- Export Workflow (same behaviour as within the designer, just nice and quick)
- Edit Workflow (as it says on the tin, straight into the designer canvas)
- View Statistics (Duration stats, errors, completed, in progress holistically and by individual action)
- View History (Running, Completed, Cancelled / Errored workflows)
- Workflow Schedules
- Manage External Start (NW2013 Site Workflows only)
Where can I find it?
Currently available for On Premise Nintex Workflow, the Workflow Inventory can be accessed via - Site Settings - Workflow Inventory
Or Site Actions - Nintex Workflow 2013 - Manage Workflows
From within a List / Library - Workflow Settings ribbon button - Manage Workflows with Nintex Workflow.
From the top level site in a Site collection by clicking on the View workflows for entire site collection link (available if the user has Site collection administration rights).
From within SharePoint Central Administration - Nintex Workflow Management - Workflow Inventory. Here you'll see the Farm Workflow Inventory
Workflow Inventory will be available when you update to the latest On Premise Nintex Workflow version.