Welcome to our special birthday mission! This month we're celebrating Nintex Connect reaching ONE with a treasure hunt mission, a little more involved then previous missions...Will you be the one to win? And yes, there are prizes for the winners
There are a few steps to this month's mission. We're taking you on a little treasure hunt of sorts, beginning with a Nintex Workflow, and this is the only step I'm going to tell you about hehe. Once you've fixed the workflow, your next set of instructions will be sent your way, and you'll be one step closer to being in the running for the prize.
Attached to this post, you'll find a Nintex Workflow file (applicable for NW2010 or 2013). Your mission is to work out why the workflow is not working as expected. The workflow I built is supposed to create a new site. My problem is that the workflow says it completes, but no new site is created. Help me!
Here are the steps you need to take:
*Note: The workflow is configured to create the site at the current Web URL. The person initiating the workflow will need to have permissions to create new sites.
- Create a new Custom List on your SharePoint site called "Request a new site" with the following column settings:
- Leave the default Title column, but add the following description for this column "This will be the name of your new site"
- Create a new column titled Description (multiple lines of text), this will be the description of your new site
- Create a new column titled URL Name, (single line of text), this will the URL name of your site
- Create a new workflow for the list, and import the attached Nintex Workflow (for the purpose of testing, all people fields are currently set to Initiator, but you can update if needed).
- Publish the workflow, go back to your list, and create a new item to submit a request for a new site to be created. The workflow will automatically start.
- Approve and complete all tasks created, and the workflow will complete.
- Make sure you note down how you fixed it and what was wrong, as you'll need that for the second part of the mission.
- Once you have all the pieces, email me your answers by August 14th.
- This mission is only open for the first half of August. Make sure you email email@example.com or message me (Emily Billing) your answers by Friday August 14th.
- And it's only open to non-nintex employees, however if you're a Nintex employee you can still participate, you are just not eligible to win any of the prizes.
- There is also a bonus 100 points up for grabs, you'll have to look out for how you can do that during the mission.
May the best hunter win..