Checking on the complexity of migrating workflows from Nintex 2013 to 2016 using Sharegate. Is there anything we need to consider in terms of the migration with Sharegate?
- Nintex FAQ regarding Nintex migrations with Sharegate
- How to Migrate and Manage Nintex Workflow and Forms for SharePoint and Office 365 Using Sharegate
- How to Manage Nintex Workflows Using Sharegate
Can you migrate old Workflow history? The original migration from SharePoint 2007 to 2013, didn't include the workflow history. Can we still migrate that old Workflow DB?
- Migrating and Upgrading what you need to know
- Moving Nintex Workflow 2013 Databases
- Migrating Nintex Workflow FAQ’s
Could we migrate the history from the old 2007 and current 2013 SharePoint system to the new 2016?
- When migrating your 2007 information, you would need to migrate to 2010, then 2013, and finally to 2016. Migrating from 2007 to 2013, or 2007 to 2016 is not currently supported. Upgrading from Nintex Workflow 2007 to 2013.
- Use the database attach method for migration
- Use the Database Attach method for migration
- The primary supported migration method for full content migration is the Database Attach method Nintex Workflow Backup and Restore. As long as that process is followed to a tee, all of your content should be migrated. Following this process will ensure running workflows will continue, any other method requires running workflows to cease during migration.
If we can’t migrate the old 2007 is it possible to store off the database table and is there any type of query that we could use to read the XML information stored to satisfy Audit requests? Looking to Deprecate the old systems once moved to 2016.
- You should be able to migrate the old DB without any issues.
Is there anything that might be of use to use once migrated to the new 2016 SharePoint and 2016 Nintex workflow software that our power users could come up to speed with? High lights differences, etc.?
- Nintex Learning Center: It does require registration, but is a great place for basic Nintex training.
- Nintex Connect: Our Customer and Partner community site. A great place to ask questions, find solutions, and share knowledge.
- Nintex Partners: If you would like a training partner, we have an interactive map you can use to locate one of our certified partners in your area.