Skip navigation
All Places > Getting Started > Blog > Authors don

Getting Started

1 Post authored by: don

I Recently had a request to get a Project Manager name that is linked to a project when the user selects a project number from a drop-down control.


I managed to get the Project managers name using this formula : lookup("Project List", "Project_x0020_Number", parseLookup(Project), "Project_x0020_Manager"). The only issue was I was also getting the ID along with the name. e.g.  234;#Joe Soap.


So, to fix this I used a regular expression to remove the ID from the front of the Project Managers name.


Steps I took:

1. I created a Form Variable. The formula I used to get the project managers name is : lookup("Project List", "Project_x0020_Number", parseLookup(Project), "Project_x0020_Manager")


"Project List" - is the name of the list that has the project number and project managers name in it.

"Project_x0020_Number"  - is the Project number for the Project. 

"Project" is the name of my drop down control that displays the list of Project numbers in it.

"Project_x0020_Manager" - is the name of the column in the "Project List" list that has the Project managers names in it.



2. I added a Calculated Value control to my Form. I used the regular expression in the formula to remove the characters before the #. 

This is the formula : replace(GetPMName, ".*#", "")


"GetPMName" - is the name of the form variable I created that holds the Project manager name with the ID attached to the front. e.g. 234;#Joe Soap.

".*#", ""  - is the expression I used. It removes everything before the # and replaces it with a empty string.



End result : Joe Soap.


Hope this helps someone. 

Filter Blog

By date: By tag: