With Nintex App Studio you can create your own branded Nintex app. What perhaps not everyone knows, is that you can filter the forms and tasks that are shown in it. This functionality is already present for some time but the way to do this has changed over time.
This blog post has the goal to show you how to filter forms and tasks in your custom branded Nintex App at this moment.
I created the following objects for the purpose of this blog post:
- A workflow in Nintex Workflow Cloud. This workflow contained an 'Express approval' action.
- Two lists in Office 365. The lists have their own Nintex form and both have a Nintex workflow connected to it containing a flexi task.
- Four lists in SharePoint 2016. The lists have their own Nintex form and 2 lists have a Nintex workflow connected to it containing a flexi task.
- Two lists in SharePoint 2013. The lists have their own Nintex form and both have a Nintex workflow connected to it containing a flexi task.
I also added an item to all lists and started the related workflow where possible. I did a manual start of the NWC workflow.
To be able to filter the forms and tasks, you first have to export:
- the required forms for the forms you want to have in your custom branded Nintex App.
- the required workflows for the tasks you want to have in your custom branded Nintex App.
Then login to the Nintex App Studio, create a new app or edit an existing one.
The magic happens in the content tab:
When clicking on it, the following is shown:
As you can see, at 'Tasks' and 'Forms' there is the option: Add filter.
Boom. There it is The place to upload the exported forms and workflows. As a reminder:
- Tasks > Workflows
- Forms > Forms
At tasks you must select 'I want to [Show only tasks from listed workflows]' and then upload the workflows. At Forms you must select 'I want to [Show only list forms]' and then upload the forms..
In the screenshot below, you can see that I uploaded 3 workflows and 4 forms.
Click on 'Save & Build' and your custom branded Nintex app is on its way
What I also want to share:
As I mentioned before, I added objects in 4 different environments (NWC, Office 365, SP2016 and SP2013). When I installed the app on my phone (Android), I first had to create a profile. Then, I had the option to add the connections (one per environment) which I configured in the Nintex App Studio. Unfortunately, my app kept crashing when adding the NWC connection so I had to skip that one. I also did not see the Office 365 form and task (hoping the later did work ) but the SharePoint 2013/2016 stuff worked perfectly. In the following days I will investigate my NWC and Office 365 issue and keep you informed.