Nintex Forms Enterprise Edition
This tutorial walks through steps to retrieve country and city data from a SQL Server database and filter the returned city data based on the selected country.
Figure: Example of a form listing cities for the selected country; if another country is selected, the list of cities is updated.
- Database table "Cities" containing two columns: Country and City
- Secure Store target application ID for credentials to the SQL Server database
For more information on Secure Store, see the Microsoft article Configure the Secure Store Service in SharePoint 2013.
- List columns for binding the value and display fields for each instance of the SQL Request control (optional)
- Add the SQL Request form control for "Country" and apply the following configuration.
Field Value Notes Name Country Display format Drop down list Query type SQL Query
- Add the SQL Request form control for "City" and apply the following configuration.
Note: Red text indicates inserted references.
Field Value Notes Name City Display format Drop down list Query type SQL Query
To insert a reference to the "Country" control, select it from Named Controls in the Insert Reference dialog box.
- Publish the form and you're done!