K2 smartforms 1.0.6 (4.12165.1625.0) Release Notes
DOWNLOADS K2 smartforms 1 0 6 New Features List.pdf (574 KB)PRODUCT
K2 smartforms 1.0.6 (4.12165.1625.0) updates all versions of K2 smartforms installations with the latest product hotfixes, as detailed below.
The K2 smartforms installation package can be downloaded from the downloads page available on the K2 Partner and Customer Portal site. See the Installation details below for more information.
The K2 smartforms 1.0.6 release contains new features and enhancements to existing features. For more information, download the PDF from the link available on the right hand menu bar.
The following issues have been fixed and are contained within this update:
KB001624 - K2 smartforms 1.0.6 High Priority Fixes
KB001453 - KB001453 - Hotfix - Runtime controls Style formatting changes introduced with K2 smartforms 1.0.6
A list of some of the current known issues that you may encounter when using K2 smartforms 1.0.6 is available in the K2 smartforms 1.0.6 (4.12165.1625.0) Known Issues List.
- K2 smartforms 1.0.6 has a dependency on K2 blackpearl 4.6.7.
- Claims configuration – The claims configuration has been moved from the web.config file to the K2 database. For clean installations the K2 Setup manager will configure your environment to run with claims and will enter the required configuration settings in the new database tables. When upgrading, if claims were previously configured, the configuration settings will remain in the web.config and will also be entered in the new database tables.
- HTTPS/HTTP - During the installation of K2 smartforms all K2 sites will be certified and configured to run as HTTPS or as HTTP. During a standalone installation the certificate is automatically created by K2. In a custom installation the certificate can either be created by K2 or you can select an existing certificate.
- .NET Framework 4.5 required- The .NET Framework 4.5 is now required for the Design Time and Runtime sites. Ensure that the .NET Framework 4.5 is installed before installing K2 smartforms 1.0.6. The .NET Framework 4.5 installer can be located at:
- Web Installer http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9810134 or
- Offline installer http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=225702
- Application Pool .NET Framework change - The SmartForms’ Application Pool must run on .NET Framework 4.5. If you have an existing SmartForms Application Pool running on the .NET Framework 3.5 (displayed as .NET Framework v2.0.50727 in IIS) and this application pool is used for other applications as well, a new application pool is required for K2 smartforms 1.0.6. If you have an existing application pool running on the .NET Framework 3.5 that is only used for K2 smartforms, this application pool needs to be configured to run on the .NET Framework 4.5 (displayed as .NET Framework v4.0.30319 in IIS). Refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925568.aspx to know which .NET Framework is installed in your environment.
- Application Pool Integrated mode change - To enhance the performance of SmartForms, the Application Pool's Managed pipeline mode must be set to Integrated where previously it was set to Classic for both Design Time and Runtime. However, if other applications are dependent on the same Application Pool, K2 will not change the mode but will rather inform the user that a new Application Pool needs to be created. The K2 blackpearl Application Pool count can no longer be used as it must be set to Classic mode.
- The Silverlight controls (File Attachment with Progress and Image Attachment with Progress) have been removed and are no longer available in the controls tab. The attachment controls’ functionality has been enhanced to show a pie chart as the upload progresses. When upgrading to SmartForms 1.0.6 or deploying a package any existing Silverlight controls will be changed to attachment controls.
This update includes all the new features and hotfixes that were included in the previous K2 smartforms updates, so there is no need to install the updates listed below. The following links are provided for reference to view the enhancements and resolved issues contained within the previous updates:
KB001605 – K2 smartforms 1.0.5 (4.12165.1605.0) Release Notes
KB001595 – K2 smartforms 1.0.4 (4.12165.1595.0) Release Notes
KB001585 – K2 smartforms 1.0.3 (4.12165.1585.0) Release Notes
KB001575 – K2 smartforms 1.0.2 (4.12165.1575.1) Release Notes
KB001565 – K2 smartforms 1.0.1 (4.12165.1565.0) Release Notes
There is one installer package for K2 smartforms 1.0.6 (4.12165.1625.0) available for download from portal.K2.com that will facilitate upgrades and clean installs.
- For customers who already have K2 smartforms installed, download the package and install this update.
- For customers who do not have K2 smartforms installed, download the package and follow the Setup Manager wizard.
- For customers wanting to upgrade their K2 smartforms 1.0.6 RC environment, download the package and install this update.
- K2 blackpearl 4.6.7 or higher
- .NET 4.0 required by the K2 Setup Manager
- .NET 4.5 Framework (installed on the SmartForms web servers)
- The Application Pool account for the K2 smartforms Design time and Runtime site's Managed pipeline must be set to Integrated and must be set to run on .NET Framework 4.5 (displayed as .NET Framework v4.0.30319 in IIS).
Recommended: If the K2 Server is load balanced then the smartforms runtime site must also be load-balanced with the same number of nodes, For example,
K2 smartforms load balanced site
For information on hardware and software prerequisites, installation steps on a standalone environment and post installation steps see:
Full Installation: KB001330 - Quick Guide to installing K2 smartforms or view the product documentation on help.k2.com.
Upgrade: KB001331 - Quick Guide to upgrading K2 smartforms. Remember to clear your browser cache after upgrading.