Question

Force users to login via AAD

• 20 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

Hi 

How can I force users to login to via AAD not windows sts. I have enabled AAD login on realm but it seems to pick up windows authentication when users browse to the k2 site.

Can someone please assist?

thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I usually leave only "K2 Trust for Azure AD" in Linked Issuers in K2 Management -> Authentication -> Claims if I only want AAD authentication.

When there's more than one, it asks the user in some such form on access what authentication they want to go there, then it's cached for a while.

Just be careful, if you are accessing K2 Management as an AD user, you may lose access to K2 Management, so it's important to at least add one AAD login to Workflow Server -> Server Rights with Administrator rights before making the change in Realms.

Badge +7

hi @PavelS 

How about assigning task using Name field, which is email address in our case on UMuser with AAD label.  this seems to direct task to AD identity…

Are you able to assist?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

hi @PavelS 

How about assigning task using Name field, which is email address in our case on UMuser with AAD label.  this seems to direct task to AD identity…

Are you able to assist?

:-) Nintex Support can assist you. I'm just an occasional contributor to the community forum. Try prefixing the email with "AAD:" or what I sent in your second question.

Badge +8

Hi,

//deleted//

Regards

d

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi @PavelS 

To assign tasks to users on the AAD label, you could use the UMUser Get Users method and pass in the Email address and Label Name as ‘AAD’. See the following KB article with the steps on how to configure a non-default label as a destination user in the workflow: