Solved

Changing workflow properties in K2 designer

• 3 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

Hi All 

Any idea on how to change the workflow property folder? I have moved this worklfow under E2D, however, on the Management the workflow is still under Workflow folder.

Followed everything on the article https://community.nintex.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Saving-copying-and-renaming-workflows/ta-p/125197

No luck. Would anyone please advise me. I need to be able to update this workflow so it shows up under E2D folder on K2 management

22867iBECFEE46900E1489.png

Thanks

icon

Best answer by AMolyneux 3 May 2022, 16:53

View original

1 reply

Unfortunately, there’s no way of doing this without going into the K2 SQL DB and making the changes there, but this is NOT supported.

When you create you create a workflow, it automatically uses the name of the category it was created in as part of the workflows “system” name i.e if you created a workflow in a category hierarchy of something like  “HR ApplicationsLeave RequestsWorkflowsLeave Request Workflow”, the “system name” of the workflow will be “WorkflowsLeave Request Workflow”, even if you move the workflow higher up the category hierarchy it will still retain the same system name. When creating a new workflow you need to take this into consideration.