Solved

Extract "Document set"'s all files with certain attributes

• 21 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

So I have a huge problem I can't find a way to extract a bunch of files inside every item of type folders that exist in a document set I've created....

Here is the problem detailed :

I have a document set called PaimentReportsSet and it is a document set list with {Title, Code, Description, Amount, Date, Client, Reason} as attribute for each item of type folder.

Inside each folder I have files (means I have for every PaimentReportsSet item folder some files inside), and each file has some attributes {Name, YearEnd, CodeFile, ReasonAdded}. My problem is that I can't find any action that will help me extract these files with their attributes from each Folder in the document set... Any ideas please ? I feel so helpless and it is urgent matter

Thanks in advance !

icon

Best answer by Gavin-Adams 21 October 2022, 05:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @grt_fi 

we had a similar discussion yesterday in this topic on getting document URLs and difficulty with getting that information from the existing NWC actions.

Solved: Find Document URL - Nintex Community 

I think you will also need to look at using the call sharepoint web service action to get what you are after.

In addition to the lists method you might like to take a look at this guide on working with files and folders Working with folders and files with REST | Microsoft Learn

There is some examples there in returning all files in a folder.

Also the graph api might be another way to get to same info too:

List the contents of a folder - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Learn 

I never used the "Call a SharePoint web service" action in nintex, can you please give me more details about the parameters to put there in my case :

- From where get the URL ?

- What do I need to put in the "Request type" ?

- Leave "Request headers" as it is ?

- "Request content" stays blank ?

The output of this action is a list object of files I can loop later right ?

You're giving a life saving helping hand really thank u !

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I'll warn that I'm not a developer and usually do a fair bit of googling to get it right 😉

Take a look at the help page for the action there are a couple of step by step examples there

SharePoint Online - Call a SharePoint web service (nintex.com)

Output is JSON so you will need to read through that with the query json action.

Take a read through the other post I thinked in my first reply which showed the JSON expression ethurber posted to get the file path.

As soon as your into calling sharepoint web services you've jumped from novice to the 'advanced deep end of the pool' pretty quickly.

The help page will get you started but you will need to do some research on how to use the api URLs to get exactly what you are after.